What's new

2015 Online Purchase Sabbatical

#4 still in.

Had a close call the other day, Men's Essential had their 2nd anniversary sale on the weekend, and I was looking at some Queen Charlotte soaps.

Luckily I humm'd-and-hawed long enough that they sold out and I was saved. :biggrin1:

lol Saved by the sellout? Well, that works.

Still in, though the Baby Blue deal today at IB is a little tempting.

That would be tempting, it's damn good stuff. :(

Edit:

Wow, I just glanced at the deal, and noticed the reg price on it now is $40. Whoa, I was picking that stuff up for $20 when I had stocked up, that was the normal price.

Last edited:
Still in and sailing along. Since finding a combo that I love for everything and having about 10 years worth of soaps and creams, I really don't see the need to buy anything. A friend brought me some goodies from Slovakia and the Czech Republic, but nothing new shaving wize is several months. I even passed on a brush, a few scuttles, and some Gems at an antique store.

Still in :thumbsup:

The sabbatical has been quite good for working my way through my stash of shave creams.
By the time the sabbatical ends I will be about ready to make a few more purchases.

I'm still in after standing a temptation. A good razor was offered on BST, which I was looking for before the Sabbatical. It's the only razor I know, being built by a maker close to the place I'm living. I refused to mail to the seller although I was seeing the offer direct after it was posted. Someday ...

Last edited:
Still in and sailing along. Since finding a combo that I love for everything and having about 10 years worth of soaps and creams, I really don't see the need to buy anything. A friend brought me some goodies from Slovakia and the Czech Republic, but nothing new shaving wize is several months. I even passed on a brush, a few scuttles, and some Gems at an antique store.

What items did you get from Slovakia and the Czech Republic? Have a friend traveling there this summer (and Austria).

I have a friend that talking about starting up. I may be out of DE's I can PIF, I know I'm running low on brushes I can PIF (If I even have any left to PIF out, I think I'm down to the few I'm keeping), but I can set him up with soaps/creams for a pretty long time. lol

Still in!

Well...that's May over and done with, and I'm still in.

I've bought stuff from B&M stores, and flea markets, didn't need any of it!

I've been so tempted by the deals for the Polsilver SI blades that were on special in the Hobbyist Classifieds, but I've held off.

Hi,

Yep, another month gone. Still In. Haven't even looked anywhere online or in B+M stores. There have been a few interesting things pop up in various threads, but have Stayed Strong and not gone looking. I have also learned not to click on links sent in PM's as they might just lead to some online place to buy something.... ;)

Stan

Blade deals come around pretty often. Not to mention, if you are like the rest of the stuff, you won't run out of blades for a pretty long time. lol

My wife and I just completed a 9 day motorcycle trip through Georgia and Tennessee. We stopped in a lot of antique shops and malls. I did find a nice array of things but left them all there. Some of the things I remember: a mini sized glass octagonal Barbasol jar (never saw one so small), a Gillette NEW with a two piece take down handle (no box, it may have been a frankenrazor but it had a uniform patina on the whole razor), a vintage tube of Palmolive still in the cardboard box, lots of old brushes in pretty good condition (no Rubberset 400's, they would have come home with me), a Burma Shave mug, and lots of old straights, DE and Se razors, a few strops.
Nice browsing, but no Barbasol razor for me. At least not yet.

My wife and I just completed a 9 day motorcycle trip through Georgia and Tennessee. We stopped in a lot of antique shops and malls. I did find a nice array of things but left them all there. Some of the things I remember: a mini sized glass octagonal Barbasol jar (never saw one so small), a Gillette NEW with a two piece take down handle (no box, it may have been a frankenrazor but it had a uniform patina on the whole razor), a vintage tube of Palmolive still in the cardboard box, lots of old brushes in pretty good condition (no Rubberset 400's, they would have come home with me), a Burma Shave mug, and lots of old straights, DE and Se razors, a few strops.
Nice browsing, but no Barbasol razor for me. At least not yet.

I have one of those vintage tubes of Palmolive. It still lathers really easily. I can't say the scent on it was great, but it definitely smelled like the old Palmolive dish soap. lol

Top Bottom