What's new

2015 Online Purchase Sabbatical

I am still in, visited several antique malls with the wife and resisted all temptation. Like ShaveRat, I am past the point of being excited by crusty Techs and single edges razors.

I am still in, visited several antique malls with the wife and resisted all temptation. Like ShaveRat, I am past the point of being excited by crusty Techs and single edges razors.

Buying at an antique market will not put you of the sabbatical.

Hi,

Well. Yesterday was a day of temptation. Two eBay auctions folks pointed me at.

First was an All Metal Fasan Doubleslant. That one turned out to be easy to wander away from. It was not actually an all metal one. It was like the one I use daily with a metal cap and plastic plate but with a metal handle. Heck, I already have this one.

The other was more difficult. A Gillette Big Boy NEW. I actually put it in my Watch List. What stopped me more than anything is when I do get one, I really want the earlier New Improved version and not the later NEW. In the end it sold for more than I would have bid.

So, Still In!

Stan

Hi everybody, still in and doing fine. Looking forward to checking out a few yard sales but none so far, guess its still to cold for most.

#16 checking in! After 3 months, still abstaining from on-line buying.

I find it hard to resist a bargain, and I'm seeing deals on blades which are tempting, but so far I've held off.

I've finished off a tub of TOBs avocado, and nearly emptied a tube of Godrej Lime and BS Cream. Can't say it's made as visible dent in my software stash as I expected, and it's not helped my pocket, as it's fuelled my vintage Seiko watch AD!

Now 4 months, and still in!!

I'm starting to think about what I'll buy at the end of year!!

I have a list I have been keeping for my "after sabbatical" purchases. Some things I take off after a while, I lose interest in them.

Honestly, I could repeat this for 2016, and thats without any replenishment at the end of this year.

I'm going to get some Polsilvers if they are available and more of less the same price as now. I've for a few software times which I want to buy and try for the first time, totally based on feedback on here! I can see its going to be an expensive end of year!!

I was unexpectedly given a tub of sandalwood cream as a wedding gift. Great stuff, but doesn't help me reduce my software stock at all. lol

I hear you on the software, and somehow every sabbatical I still increase how much I have on hand, it feels like. lol

That's a problem with all Sabbaticals. Once finished one year successfully, you restock or reward yourself with far more than one year's worth of product. OK, if you fail then the gates for a spending spree are even more open in order to heal the wounds you got from restraining. For me a Sabbatical is to find out what you really want and like and not to reduce your den. For a reduction you have to sell or PIF.

I'm still going along. No desire for anything else. I haven't even been cruising the forums much. My Weber is my daily driver with a Semogue 1800 and 1305 rotating for brushes. I'm 3017ing a puck of DR. Harris Lavender and I've got a few months left on that. It's a wonderful combo and I'm enjoying great shaves as I go along.

I'm still going along. No desire for anything else. I haven't even been cruising the forums much. My Weber is my daily driver with a Semogue 1800 and 1305 rotating for brushes. I'm 3017ing a puck of DR. Harris Lavender and I've got a few months left on that. It's a wonderful combo and I'm enjoying great shaves as I go along.

A few months? lol Man, those pucks last.

#4 still in.

Had a close call the other day, Men's Essential had their 2nd anniversary sale on the weekend, and I was looking at some Queen Charlotte soaps.

Luckily I humm'd-and-hawed long enough that they sold out and I was saved. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom