What's new

2013 - Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Gentlemanly Insanity

I'm still in. Received all of my pre-sabbatical purchases, which include a TV Super Speed, Merkur 15C open comb, 200 blades (100 Shark SS & 100 Red IP), 2 Semogue boar brushes (2000 & 1460). With the amount of stuff in my stash combined with the fact that I don't shave every day, I should have enough variety and volume to last me several years.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Noooooooooooooo!
Just a few short posts ago, I was "Master of My Shave Domain" and now I am no longer! I'm doomed in the sabbatical!!! :scared:

I'm not officially in, since I do plan to get some things once in a while if I see fit but ...

I was a good boy today, as I went to Pasteurs after work to grab some after shave balm I was in need of and thought of this thread while I was there. At one point, I had I think two creams in my hands and was thinking about another cologne and some blades (after I JUST got a 100 pack of Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows) ... but I left the store with only what I intended to buy.

If any who have joined this thread are brave enough to venture into the depths of Pastuer's, I wish you luck ... it is VERY hard to leave that store without wanting to buy EVERYTHING.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I lasted for 4 days ... LOL :thumbup:

I bought myself a Merkur 34G HD. I can't remember if it was an exception in my original commitment.

Anyway I promise it's my last for the year.

Our first washout??? :blink:

That beats the record on both the GRUC and the 2012 thread. Everyone in both of those lasted 5 days. lol

Pics, we need pics.
proxy.php

unfortunately Searlands, you were in and that 34c was not an exception, so you have the honor of being the 1st of many that will fall.

hopefully you will stick around and offer support to the rest of us....we could use all the support we can get

2013 Entrants:
1. brucered
2. Alpine Dad
3. gmgaj
4. the_edski
5. Alias
6. MickToley
7. vreddy2000
8. beeranon
9. jdto
10. mol81
11. jeddy61
12. Tim_McD
13. jojoc
14. brianw
15. beginish
16. mikeschu
17. Shave_Rat
18. Dave258
19. CyberJCM
20. edgerunner
21. OldSaw
22. Dirk-Lerxst-Pratt
23. Buster Casey
24. OldGreyGuy
25. andrestole
26. Haggises
27. random-hero
28. Comet
29. TSwebster
30. Searlands
31. DrColossus11
32. Paul L.
33. Vickers
34. Wcoppage
35. hodari D
36. penmanship
37. Dharuma
38. andrearroyo
39. Reckoner
40. hsbbs04
41. jpress76
42. Kris_Kringle
43. lowjax
44. jmv61
45. hey batter
46. Fatboy (aka jdjones)
47. pb56
48. scritchnscrub
49. bhorsoft
50. dtezla
51. sgtd
52. Nova316
53. ngai
54. Blade-Runner
55. Icemanxxxv
56. Invicta
57. LazycatEB
58. donoma
59. dundak
60. Retiredgene
61. rockviper
62. Bumgardner
63. Prince
64. Kooze
65. Jason.Scott
66. Bluebriz
67. Galengwath
68. stryker4526

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I'm in as well. I've just completed my first year of DE shaving and have become a bit of a soap whore. Time to use up some product. I see my main temptation coming from the B&B Shave Mall forum. Best of luck to everyone!

I need a judgment call. I just bought some cologne from the Shave Mall. It was too good of a deal to pass up. If that violates the premise of the gentlemanly restraint, at least I didn't get more shave soap!

brucered

System Generated
I need a judgment call. I just bought some cologne from the Shave Mall. It was too good of a deal to pass up. If that violates the premise of the gentlemanly restraint, at least I didn't get more shave soap!

unfortunately many would considering fragrances a shave purchase and there will be some that won't.

i know it's considered a fail for the prizes by Brian and Beeranon. i had it as an exception on my list, then decided to purchase some pre 2013 to avoid having to make the judgement call.

i'll wait for others to weigh in before updating the list with a Jason.Scott :laugh: but have a feeling your will be considered the 2nd fallen. hey, at least you weren't the first :lol:

For my sabbatical and the brushes prize....Frags are purchases.

unfortunately many would considering fragrances a shave purchase and there will be some that won't.

i know it's considered a fail for the prizes by Brian and Beeranon. i had it as an exception on my list, then decided to purchase some pre 2013 to avoid having to make the judgement call.

i'll wait for others to weigh in before updating the list with a Jason.Scott :laugh:

:thumbdown :hang:

Sorry kid.

brucered

System Generated
A class act through and through. Sorry to lose you.

agreed. that's what B&B and the Sabbatical is about. sorry to see him fall, but at least he got some nice Colgone for dirt cheap :thumbup1:

Cross me off. I wouldn't want to skirt around the premise of the sabbatical.

done. and thanks for that. it was a fun few days and you can still refrain from buying the next 362 and help up resist. you wanna hear something funny. i was looking at that GFT minutes after it was posted and thinking "I wonder if he'll ship to Canada"

2 down, 66 remain

any guesses as to how many will fall tomorrow? it's friday, payday and all.

2013 Entrants:

1. brucered
2. Alpine Dad
3. gmgaj
4. the_edski
5. Alias
6. MickToley
7. vreddy2000
8. beeranon
9. jdto
10. mol81
11. jeddy61
12. Tim_McD
13. jojoc
14. brianw
15. beginish
16. mikeschu
17. Shave_Rat
18. Dave258
19. CyberJCM
20. edgerunner
21. OldSaw
22. Dirk-Lerxst-Pratt
23. Buster Casey
24. OldGreyGuy
25. andrestole
26. Haggises
27. random-hero
28. Comet
29. TSwebster
30. Searlands
31. DrColossus11
32. Paul L.
33. Vickers
34. Wcoppage
35. hodari D
36. penmanship
37. Dharuma
38. andrearroyo
39. Reckoner
40. hsbbs04
41. jpress76
42. Kris_Kringle
43. lowjax
44. jmv61
45. hey batter
46. Fatboy (aka jdjones)
47. pb56
48. scritchnscrub
49. bhorsoft
50. dtezla
51. sgtd
52. Nova316
53. ngai
54. Blade-Runner
55. Icemanxxxv
56. Invicta
57. LazycatEB
58. donoma
59. dundak
60. Retiredgene
61. rockviper
62. Bumgardner
63. Prince
64. Kooze
65. Jason.Scott
66. Bluebriz
67. Galengwath
68. stryker4526

Last edited:
I think I might end up doing some PIFs in this thread later in order to help out my fellow sabbaticalists. Question, though. If I asked to be reimbursed only for shipping would that count as a purchase for the purposes of this thing? Technically, they're purchasing postage, which isn't shave related... but it's you guys's calls. If you say it's so, I'll make them free-of-charge PIFs.

Top Bottom