What's new

1901 NEW GEM aka Lather Catcher RESTORE

Well guys I wanted to share this restore with you. Its a 1901 NEW GEM aka Lather Catcher. I picked it up back in November and was all broken when I got it. Besides being tarnished it was missing the safety tab and the rivet was busted, case was toast. I cleaned her up and slowly fixed her back up. I removed the rivets and replaced them with brass pins like a straight. I then had just realized it was missing the safety tab so time went by and I kept looking for the part I needed. Michael aka Poonjaji, He had just won a set and one was missing the safety bar but had the tab I needed. He was kind enough to send it to me for free to help me with my restore. I then replaced the part tightened the pins polished her to a high reflective shine and sent it off to a local plater for some fresh nickel. Once I got it back I cleaned and buffed the handle and finished it with danish oil and renaissance wax.

I used it yesterday and am about to use it again today. It was a amazing very enjoyable shave that was not only alot of joy to use but the shave it self was super close dare I say it closer than most of my straight shaves.

Special thanks to Michael aka Poonjaji

Specal thanks to da man Dave aka D.Irving79 for enabling me and for the insight on the information to this GEM and other SE razors.

:thumbup:

Please no PMs on getting razors plated guys it was just a one time thing. Please I hope you fellas understand

Those blades look familiar :lol:

Very nice restore, mate.

Those are them :biggrin1:

Thank you fellas for the kind words :blushing: Ive used it twice and its really am amazing and enjoyable razor along with such a super close shave. :001_wub:

Sometimes patience and some elbow grease pay off.

Thank you guys I appreciate all the positive replies :blush:

Dave thank and will do :thumbup1: I need to register over there and feel free to use any of these pics.

Top Bottom