What's new

VDH Luxury Shave Set

Item Description

I'm giving this set 10's across the board. This is the set I would've loved to have had when I first started wet shaving.

The price when I first ordered it was $25 with free shipping from Amazon. The price has gone up slightly to $27.88 since then. The list price is $39.99, so the current sale price with free shipping is still great.

The quality is far above the VDH Deluxe Shave Kit. The soap fits the mug nicely. The brush is pure badger and of better quality than the VDH boar brush. And you get a nice brush stand which also has a slot for your razor.

On performance, I have shaved with the set 4 times so far and it has been very good. I will be reviewing the brush and soap separately later in the appropriate review sections.

Usefulness. Hey this is B&B, a brush with mug and soap and brush stand is very useful for all of us here. Or we wouldn't be here. Right?

Durability, I think that (barring my dropping the mug and breaking it) this set will last a long time. Soap of course will have to be replenished at various times.

Packaging. I'm not rating the packaging. Took the set out of the box and tossed the box out. Nothing was broken. Packaging fulfilled its function.

This is a great set for people beginning wet shaving and those who've been doing it for years. Van Der Hagen has scored a home run with this set.:thumbup:

Latest reviews

Care to post some pics? I've not yet seen any user pics of the set or the inividual piece parts.
I'm giving this set 10's across the board. This is the set I would've loved to have had when I first started wet shaving.

The price when I first ordered it was $25 with free shipping from Amazon. The price has gone up slightly to $27.88 since then. The list price is $39.99, so the current sale price with free shipping is still great.

The quality is far above the VDH Deluxe Shave Kit. The soap fits the mug nicely. The brush is pure badger and of better quality than the VDH boar brush. And you get a nice brush stand which also has a slot for your razor.

On performance, I have shaved with the set 4 times so far and it has been very good. I will be reviewing the brush and soap separately later in the appropriate review sections.

Usefulness. Hey this is B&B, a brush with mug and soap and brush stand is very useful for all of us here. Or we wouldn't be here. Right?

Durability, I think that (barring my dropping the mug and breaking it) this set will last a long time. Soap of course will have to be replenished at various times.

Packaging. I'm not rating the packaging. Took the set out of the box and tossed the box out. Nothing was broken. Packaging fulfilled its function.

This is a great set for people beginning wet shaving and those who've been doing it for years. Van Der Hagen has scored a home run with this set.:thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)