What's new

Hugo Naturals Vanilla and Sweet Orange

Item Description

I had seen these soaps at Sprouts a local "farmer's market" here in Phoenix. Comparable to Whole Foods I guess. I've been wanting to try one to see what they would be like. We all know how that is, you see something a soap or a cream and begin wondering how it shave. Other Hugo Natural products have been reviewed here, so I decided to try a different one. The Vanilla and Sweet Orange. So after buying it, I cut it up and melted it in plastic bowl. Let it cool overnight and started shaving with it. Unlike others I decided to give it a real go before reviewing it. Not one or two shaves and say "WOW, what a soap!!!!!" No I gave it 2 weeks with 12 shaves total. I took Saturday off both weeks. So let's begin. The soap to compare it with is Van Der Hagen Deluxe.
First off on the price, I paid $6.99 for a 6 oz bar of soap. Not too bad compared to what many of us are willing to pay. Especially when you throw in shipping and handling. VDH costs $1.54 for a 2.5 oz puck. But you can buy more expensive soaps that aren't as good. So I gave it a 6.
Quality wise it is right up there with VDH. As good as or even a little better. I gave it an 8.
Scent is fantastic if you like the smell of orange creamsicle on your face, I do. The bad thing is that it doesn't last. I think maybe an AS or cologne should be made with that scent. I gave it a 9. VDH should smell as good
Lather is beautiful. How often have we read a review of a product where the guy says "2 swirls and the lather just explodes on the puck."? Which in many cases falls short. In this case it doesn't. This soap is worthy of such praise. I give it a 10. Better than VDH.
Efficacy is good. It's almost up there with VDH. But VDH scores a little higher. I got great shaves with it. BBS and DFS. It rates an 8.
Moisturizing is where it really shines. It leaves my face feeling soft, not dry like other soaps have. It rates a 10.
As I've said, it is very much like VDH. Just costs a bit more. But there are more flavors with the Hugo Naturals. Go ahead and give it a shot.

Latest reviews

I had seen these soaps at Sprouts a local "farmer's market" here in Phoenix. Comparable to Whole Foods I guess. I've been wanting to try one to see what they would be like. We all know how that is, you see something a soap or a cream and begin wondering how it shave. Other Hugo Natural products have been reviewed here, so I decided to try a different one. The Vanilla and Sweet Orange. So after buying it, I cut it up and melted it in plastic bowl. Let it cool overnight and started shaving with it. Unlike others I decided to give it a real go before reviewing it. Not one or two shaves and say "WOW, what a soap!!!!!" No I gave it 2 weeks with 12 shaves total. I took Saturday off both weeks. So let's begin. The soap to compare it with is Van Der Hagen Deluxe.
First off on the price, I paid $6.99 for a 6 oz bar of soap. Not too bad compared to what many of us are willing to pay. Especially when you throw in shipping and handling. VDH costs $1.54 for a 2.5 oz puck. But you can buy more expensive soaps that aren't as good. So I gave it a 6.
Quality wise it is right up there with VDH. As good as or even a little better. I gave it an 8.
Scent is fantastic if you like the smell of orange creamsicle on your face, I do. The bad thing is that it doesn't last. I think maybe an AS or cologne should be made with that scent. I gave it a 9. VDH should smell as good
Lather is beautiful. How often have we read a review of a product where the guy says "2 swirls and the lather just explodes on the puck."? Which in many cases falls short. In this case it doesn't. This soap is worthy of such praise. I give it a 10. Better than VDH.
Efficacy is good. It's almost up there with VDH. But VDH scores a little higher. I got great shaves with it. BBS and DFS. It rates an 8.
Moisturizing is where it really shines. It leaves my face feeling soft, not dry like other soaps have. It rates a 10.
As I've said, it is very much like VDH. Just costs a bit more. But there are more flavors with the Hugo Naturals. Go ahead and give it a shot.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)