What's new

SuperMax SS Blades

Item Description

Price Less than 10 cents a blade. most bang for the buck. Purchased on Ebay

Quality Quality blade

Sharpness Surprisingly sharp but not Feather sharp

Longevity Got 5 great shaves from one blade 3passes each shave

Smoothness of shave Surprisingly close smooth shave

Packaging Each blade is individually wrapped and comes in "no frills" cardboard package

Latest reviews

Pros: average
Cons: average
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp and Smooth
Cons: Poor longevity
Staying in South Africa for a few months and other than "Lion" blades these seem to be the only ones widely available.

Not bad blades - give me a reasonably close smooth shave without tugging. Not as good as my favourite (Astra) but more than acceptable and two passes is a dfs.

Seem to blunt quite quickly although I'm using different soap than I usually do and a Merkur Travel which isn't my standard razor so I may not be comparing like with like.

Wouldn't recommend unless you can't find better, but in a pinch they do pretty well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: There are no pros
Cons: The worst possible blades you can buy
These are terrible blades; the worst I've ever tried. Even on the fist use, they catch on every hair and cause major irritation. I tried them with my Fatboy and Parker 60R before giving up on them. They must be the dullest blades on the market. I recycled the entire box, because no one even deserves to have these gifted to them.

The blades themselves even look like cheap garbage, with "Supermax" simply printed on the top.

Be warned that an ebay seller is polluting the reviews of this product to sell his wares. I wouldn't trust a single positive review, because they are complete garbage. The $3.99/100 price that I paid should have made this clear. At least they weren't expensive.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)