Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp and Smooth
Cons: Poor longevity
Staying in South Africa for a few months and other than "Lion" blades these seem to be the only ones widely available.

Not bad blades - give me a reasonably close smooth shave without tugging. Not as good as my favourite (Astra) but more than acceptable and two passes is a dfs.

Seem to blunt quite quickly although I'm using different soap than I usually do and a Merkur Travel which isn't my standard razor so I may not be comparing like with like.

Wouldn't recommend unless you can't find better, but in a pinch they do pretty well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: There are no pros
Cons: The worst possible blades you can buy
These are terrible blades; the worst I've ever tried. Even on the fist use, they catch on every hair and cause major irritation. I tried them with my Fatboy and Parker 60R before giving up on them. They must be the dullest blades on the market. I recycled the entire box, because no one even deserves to have these gifted to them.

The blades themselves even look like cheap garbage, with "Supermax" simply printed on the top.

Be warned that an ebay seller is polluting the reviews of this product to sell his wares. I wouldn't trust a single positive review, because they are complete garbage. The $3.99/100 price that I paid should have made this clear. At least they weren't expensive.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: price
Cons: not sharp enough
Super-Max Super Stainless double-edge razor blades from India
Price: US$1 for 5
Quality: Smooth and consistent bevels and edges
Sharpness: Not quite dull, but the beautiful edges don’t cut well. I would not buy more of these blades.
Longevity: These blades last 2 days for me.
Smoothness of Shave: Smooth but not close.
Packaging: Cardboard box of 5. Double-wrapped with glue spots.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Reportedly above average quality control
Cons: Get the platinum or titanium Super Max blades, instead
These are good but not great blades. Given that Super Max is the top tier of the Vidyut line, they should be better. They charge a premium price, 20 rupees, more than double the Zorrick version, but I don't think you get a significant improvement in quality. My guess is they are following the Gillette model of if you charge more people will pay, because they will assume the quality is better. However, I have seen a post claiming the quality control on the Super Max is superior, so perhaps the quality is at least more consistent.

My gripe is the same as with the Zorrick stainless blade. Why buy a stainless when you can get a platinum coated blade for a little more? The problem is most Indian vendors don't seem to understand about coating ("sputtering"). So most of the blades are stainless.

Super Max is a very good brand. Their multi-blade razors are close in quality to Gillette or Schick. But if you are going to get Super Max DE, why not get the platinum blades?

Better yet, try the titanium coated Super Max DEs. I got a bunch of these, but they are two years old now, and I can't find any new ones. They say, made with Swedish steel. They are truly amazing blades. I have also used an orange four-blade disposable Super Max with titanium coating that was excellent and long lasting.

I am using the genuine Indian articles, in cardboard tucks. Don't know the story on the export versions.

The bottom line: I never finished my tuck of Super Max stainless, and, frankly, enjoy shaving with the Indian Wilkinson more, or some other blade. Nothing special, aside from the slightly inflated price.

However, perhaps I have not given them enough of a chance, and those who are reporting excellent shaves may be on to something. On the other hand, I am skeptical of anyone reporting a bad shave; Super Max is one of the best Indian brands, and their blades can compare well with any other brand, when cost is taken into account. So it is worth trying a tuck, but I wouldn't go overboard on my first purchase.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
MOD ! !
Can someone please, PLEASE, remove the endless spam by rbg1818 ?
The amount of advertising he does here is ridiculous
You can then removethis post as well. Thank you.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: price (.05/blade in 200 lots on ebay)
Cons: sub-par shaves, short life
For the price, less than 6 cents a blade, I thought why not. I shave primarily with either a Merkur 34C or an EJ89 Barleychrome. My blades of choice have been Red IPs and Gillette Platinum (blue box Russian). I've been very satisfied with the quality of shave with these combos, normally getting a shave falling between DFS and BBS with 3 passes (1 ea. WTG, XTG, and ATG) and whatever touchups might be needed. Rarely a red spot for a second or two much less weepers. Blade life for me has been 3-4 shaves consistently, and could be stretched if I needed to. My normal post shave routine is a warm rinse then a cold rinse for both the brush and my face followed by either Nivea balm or an AS splash. I normally shave at night after a shower.

The Super Max Super Stainless seemed noticeably less sharp and less smooth than either of my 2 regular blades. I've been using Tabac or Mama Bear's Lilac Ice (it's hot here in Florida in July and August) and I have no problems face lathering with either soap. I've been able to build good lathers and get plenty of lubrication.

Price - 10 for a low price, but if there was an entry for Value, my score would be no better than a three.

Quality - 3 simply because I feel this is the only place to rate anything approximating overall value.

Sharpness - 5 for their initial use sharpness level which is noticeably less sharp than Red IPs or Gillette Platinums. I feel this blade on my face much more than either of my regulars, which I ascribe to tugging due to the sharpness or lack thereof. This feeling goes hand in hand with the smoothness rating.

Longevity - 2 These are, for me, simply a one shave blade. The deterioration in sharpness and smoothness from shave 1 to shave 2 is so pronounced that I cannot imagine using one for a second shave. As noted above, I get three to 4 shaves regularly with Red IPs or Gillette Platinums.

Smoothness of Shave - 5 and I think that's being generous. I feel tugging with any XTG orATG pass and this isn't normal for me with my regular blades. If I were rating these for smoothness AFTER the first shave a 2 would be more like it.

Packaging - 7 for the double wrapping and the plain cardboard sleeve. I can't fault the packaging at all considering the price.

My overall rating is a 3, and my likelihood of purchasing these again is non-existant. I've got a lifetime supply of Red IPs, Gillette Platinums, and Iridiums on the way. I feel these will appeal to price conscious B&Bers, and then only for a short trial. If I had to choose between Wal Mart Wilkies at .36 each and Super Max SS at less than .06 each, it would be the Wilkies in a walk.

Price sometimes obscures value and I think that these blades are a good example of that, at least as far as my experience with them goes.

I also must say that seeing 11 self serving "testimonials" masquerading as reviews posted by the same person, who is admittedly an ebay seller of these blades, is mildly upsetting. Vendors definitely have a vested interest in how their products are perceived but this display is unseemly at best. Where are the mods on this one?
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: dirt cheap/200for $10
this review is only on my first use of this bladebut with consideration of the oher reviewsso far.for me in my flairtip ss it was excelent for the first shave,smooth,no weepers,wyg xtg atg,all went smoothly,to me not at all like derbys,somewhere between astra sp and wilkies.:thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Now that I sold a big lot of SuperMax Super Stainless, I can offer a review without reservation. The pricing of these blades when purchase in bulk is very lowand I found these blades are fine but are not perfect. However, they are definitely value for your dollar and are a mid-tier blade in terms of price/performance. For the typical user, you'll get a decent shave at a low price.

Price: They are relatively inexpensive but when bought in bulk, you will save lots of money and they become a great value for your dollar.

Quality: I found they blades to be slightly above average, which is good given their price point. The finish is a little better than averages for a budget razor blade.

Sharpness: The blade are reasonably sharp enough and cut through my tough whiskers fairly well. There isn't any tugging or skipping and there is a adequate keeness to the blade. This comes across to me as a reasonably fine hone and edge.

Longevity: I get a typical amount of shaves from the SuperMax Super Stainless, which matches most other blades. The shaves do not have a pronounced drop-off as the blade is used and there is a very good as cost per shave value proposition.

Smoothness: They are not a super smooth blade but when compared to other blades, they are a decent mid-tier performer. No roughness that would mar the shave and they are not lacking in smoothness.

Packaging: The blades are individually wrapped but are not packed in anything but typcial budget blade packaging.

I would buy these blades again and do not hesitate to say that these blades shave well above their pay grade. That's not to save they'r the best blades around but most users should be happy with your purchase, especially given their pricing. This blade, however, should not be confused with the cheaper SuperMax Stainless, which is an inferior blade.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Price: Can't beat it with a stick. :a6: Even less than my Big Bens, and way less than Iridiums or Feathers.

Quality: Eh, not bad. Not the best blade I've put on my face, but certainly acceptable.

Sharpness: Meh. They do actually cut my (thick) beard (unlike Dorcos or Derbies, which leave a faceful of stubble), but they leave a lot to be desired. Shaving half my face with the Big Bens and half my face with the Supermax, it was night and day which was which, though both would be an SAS.

Longevity: Can't comment...I'm picky, and won't settle for "meh" blades long enough to figure out how long they last.

Smoothness: They tug on me. Not nearly as much as, say, Dorcos, but the tugging is noticeable and unpleasant.

Packaging: It's the standard cardboard-box-and-envelope. Nothing special, no complaints. Glue dots not excessive.

Overall: Not a blade I'd go back to. For budget blades, I'd still prefer Big Bens over these, and Big Bens, Iridiums, and Feathers will remain my go-tos. If you had to wring every last cent out of shaving, these are much better than Dorcos or most other sub-$10-per-100 blades, but spending a bit extra for one of the Lord blades would probably be a better call.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Not the sharpest nor the smoothest blade out there. It feels a little rough, without tugging, and I do need an extra pass or serious touch ups. But strangely enough the shave is almost irritation free and the blade holds its edge pretty good. It is not one of my favs but I can positively live with this blade and I rate it a lot higher than Derby or Dorco (both the st-300 & st-301). The most important reason why these are worth mentioning is that I can get these locally at an ethnic store at a bargain and for the money these are unbeatable.

Not superb but definitely worth a try!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I found these blades at retail, but in completely different packaging. Made in India, packaged in Mexico, for Supermax Corporation in California, found at retail in Canada. Go figure! They list the website as http://www.supermaxworld.com.

displayimage.php

The first shave with Tabac soap & 40's SS handle (my regular daily shaver), result was very close, though a few weepers. Not unlike Derby, the edge is a little rough on the first pass, but improves rapidly thereafter.

Second shave I used Forcan soap. Much better than day 1; thought it was sharp like Kai, smooth like Precision. Comparable perhaps to Wilkinson?

Third shave... Ouch! Used Forcan soap again. These blades bite, much like the Sharks I tried last week. Several weepers, bumps and burn - not pleasant. If this is all I can expect, I'm glad I only paid 99c to try these.

Fourth shave I figured the blade needed some help, so I used Arko soap (very slick). Relaxed a little on my XTG pass. Result? I was able to finesse my way into a DFS, but I really had to work for it this time. The blade is no longer sharp like day 2, and will bite if you're not careful.

Overall if these were the only blades available to me, I'd survive. For the price point, and being available at retail, I must give some credit. These are sharper than Precision (same price), smoother than Sharks, and comparable to Lord Stainless IMO.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I cannot begin to tell you how surprised I was with these. A smooth shave, no drag, or weepers. The cost or price made me a little suspicious I must say because they were so cheap, but worth it in the end. I have been saying it all along, it does'nt have to be exspensive to be good.
D
I agree.I claim to hold the world record for the most sensitive skin, and I have tried many blades, and the result was catastrophic, even in a Gold Tech and in a Slim Adjustable.With these blades, on setting 5, I feel them surprisingly sharp and fairly smooth.I have tried Wilkinsons (UK), KAI, and I hate Dorco, Bic Chrome Platinum, RAPIRA, Polsilver, Red Gillettes- they are a living nightmare for my skin.I take 4 shaves from SuperMax blades-2 on each blade side.They are cheap and not long lasting, which is fine for me-I ams till searching for my blade, and throwing them quicker is good, as I hate throwing away something without using it, since I had payed for it...They are good for sensitive skin, but no match for the UK Wilkinsons that are only a bit more expensive.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
D
if anyone wants these blades i sell them on ebay under the name

supermaxblades
This is my regular blade. Good results little or no irritation. Availability is good, as is the price.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Found what appears to be the same blade - Supermax stainless - in plastic packages with used blade slot on a display card - for $1.79 per pack of ten at Honest Ed's in Toronto at Bloor and Bathurst (adjacent Bathurst subway stop). They had hundreds of packages on display alongside the (Israeli-made) Precisions for exactly the same price.
I agree that the Supermax Stainless is a good blade. There are certainly better ones but it's hard to find a better bargain for a blade that gives a very acceptable performance like this one does.
Price Less than 10 cents a blade. most bang for the buck. Purchased on Ebay

Quality Quality blade

Sharpness Surprisingly sharp but not Feather sharp

Longevity Got 5 great shaves from one blade 3passes each shave

Smoothness of shave Surprisingly close smooth shave

Packaging Each blade is individually wrapped and comes in "no frills" cardboard package
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)