What's new

Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush

Item Description

The latest addition to our RazoRock Plissoft shaving brush line is the Monster! The same great Plissoft fiber found in our best-selling 24 mm Plissoft brushes but this one has a special heavy resin, swirl faux ivory handle, with a huge 26 mm knot! Perfect for those wet shavers seeking a larger brush that is capable of holding enough lather for 4-5 passes. All the RazoRock Plissoft shaving brushes are vegan friendly and require absolutely no break-in period.

For over a year now, there has been a synthetic shaving brush that's been all-the-rage in the traditional wet shaving community and sells for between thirty and fifty dollars. RazoRock has sourced the same knot and mated it to a heavy resin handle with our RazoRock logo stamped on the base. This brush is an absolutely joy to lather with and is uber soft on the face. The weight and quality of the handle is going to blow you away at this price-point!

Knot size: 26 mm x 63 mm

Height: ~120 mm

Weight: ~113 grams

Latest reviews

Pros: Soft tips,great feel in the hand
Cons: None
I was looking for another synthetic brush and found this new brush. Italian Barber had it listed on sale for $10.00. Great price for a large brush. When I received it I was happily surprised. It looked great and I loved the handle. The tips were extremely soft. I use creams and it lathered it up very well. Nice addition to my rotation, right next to my Razorock Plissoft.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: great beginner brush
Cons: none
I just began wet shaving a few months ago, and honestly this brush (not this specific brush, but the knot, the plisson knot) changed my view of wet shaving. I have the Razorock plissoft brush, which is the exact same brush with a different handle. When I first started, I bought a cheap $20 Van der hagen boar brush, soap, and mug set. I tried time after time to create a good lather, but it was awful everytime, and after shaving a month with irritating lathers, I decided to branch out because I was using all the techniques experienced wet shavers recommended, so I thought well maybe it is the products I am using, and I was right. The Vander hagen soap is actually a very good, inexpensive soap. But the boar brush that is included I wouldnt say is terrible, maybe it just needs breaking in, but nevertheless, it could not create a lather out of the box. So I did some reviews and ordered the razorock plissoft, and I get a great lather every time. I think the key is the density. It is such a dense knot with soft tips, it makes for the perfect brush, especially for beginners. Trust me, if you are a beginner and cannot create a lather, try this brush. It is a game changer, especially for the price. You will not find a better knot for under $15, I promise.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: size, feel
Cons: none
I had not been a huge synthetic fan until now. The brushes always seemed too stiff and I much preferred a soft badger brush, not necessarily building the lather, but applying it to my face (or face lathering for that matter). This baby solves that issue. I'm not sure if it's the fiber material itself, or just the huge knot makes it behave that way, but there's now enough flexibility in this brush to behave like my best badger brushes do. I wouldn't say it's as nice as my silvertip brush, but it's darn close and, at the price listed on italianbarber.com, this is a brush that could be purchased annually and not break the bank!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)