What's new

Matas Men Shaving Soap

Chain store pharmacy shaving soap from Denmark

Item Description

Hard milled vegetable based shaving soap manufactured in Denmark and distributed through the Matas pharmacy chain.
product_v1_x2.jpg

Latest reviews

Pros: Easy to lather and smells clean
Cons: Not available in North America
I also have this soap and it certainly gets the job done. It's not elegant but it's seems like a very good budget soap in the sense that it smells clean, lathers very well, and doesn't leave the skin feeling dry or uncomfortable. This is the only Danish-produced shaving soap which I'm familiar with unless there are others which are either artisan-made or commercial. I have two of them which a fellow in Denmark sent me. I like this one enough to keep it in my rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: low price
Cons: not available in the states
I picked this up in the Copenhagen train station on a whim. At 49.95KR (bout 7 USD), it seemed like an easy buy. I waited until I arrived back home in the states to give it a whirl. It lathered easily, not incredibly thick, but very slick, with a nice, delicate scent. According to the web site this is available in Denmark and the UK. I hope they expand over here too. It's a great value (about $2.80/oz for a hard milled soap).
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)