Matas Men Shaving Soap

Average User Rating:
4.5/5,
  • Hard milled vegetable based shaving soap manufactured in Denmark and distributed through the Matas pharmacy chain.
    product_v1_x2.jpg

Recent User Reviews

1. RT Smoothie
    4/5,
    "Good no-nonsense, basic soap"
    Pros - Easy to lather and smells clean
    Cons - Not available in North America
    I also have this soap and it certainly gets the job done. It's not elegant but it's seems like a very good budget soap in the sense that it smells clean, lathers very well, and doesn't leave the skin feeling dry or uncomfortable. This is the only Danish-produced shaving soap which I'm familiar with unless there are others which are either artisan-made or commercial. I have two of them which a fellow in Denmark sent me. I like this one enough to keep it in my rotation.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Lather:
    5/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing:
    3/5,
  2. emwolf
    5/5,
    "great bargain soap"
    Pros - low price
    Cons - not available in the states
    I picked this up in the Copenhagen train station on a whim. At 49.95KR (bout 7 USD), it seemed like an easy buy. I waited until I arrived back home in the states to give it a whirl. It lathered easily, not incredibly thick, but very slick, with a nice, delicate scent. According to the web site this is available in Denmark and the UK. I hope they expand over here too. It's a great value (about $2.80/oz for a hard milled soap).
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Lather:
    3/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing:
    4/5,