What's new

Pino Silvestre

Item Description

I'll get right to the review on this stuff. It's not terribly expensive, at 25 bucks.
It's been sitting on the counter for almost a week without prior use, so when I got done shaving with p160 TM, I wanted to follow up with something just as smooth. Why not give PS a shot? I was kinda scared it would burn and be pungent since it is a pine scent. Shortly after application, I felt 0 burn, but instead I sensed a slight touch of cooling. That is fantastic. And the smell, :thumbup: I love wood scents and this stuff does not fail to impress whatsoever. It does not smell chemically, like pinesol or pledge or anything of that nature. It smells good, it's a firm but a subtle scent, not overpowering. I can not say whether or not this stuff fights razor burn since I shaved with p160 and have no problems. Italy produces superior shaving products, period. Pino is no exception.

Latest reviews

Pros: Cooling, Lasting Scent, Pine Cone Bottle
Cons: Large Opening = Heavy Pour, Strong Initial Fragrance
Pino is a reliable AS with a complex scent and a great presentation. In particular, it is unexpectedly cooling and leaves a tight, clean finish. The fragrance is a bit strong during initial application, but settles in and lasts through an office work day.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, invigorating, appearance
I've been using this for a very long time now. All the shops in Australia not only sell the spray (EDT) but lucky for me, my barber gets the splash. The scent is a modern classic - it's been around in it's original form from the 50's.I particularly love using this stuff in the winters when a chill hits the face - real wake up call.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: the scent
Cons: the opening
I paid €15.45 (roughly $20) for 125 ml.Middle of the road, a fair prize.First the greatest aspect of this AS lotion is it's scent. It smelled fantastic. It has a forest/pine scent. Top notes: Bergamot, Lavender, Lemon.Middle notes: Geranium, Pine, Clary Sage.Base notes: Cedarwood, Moss, Musk, Amber.I agree with the above review, it is a natural scent. It is not heavy, a bit of a lighter scent.The rest is just good, not great about this AS. Very decent, but not better then, say, Proraso. Despite using the R41 I don't have razor burn. Did fell a mild stinging, almost tingling. But it is always technique and never the alcohol which should be blamed (IMO).The only thing I don't like about it is that it has a opening without a insert that slows the flow of the liquid coming out. The neck of the bottle isn't terribly wide, but wide enough for it to force you to be cautious and pour a bit out carefully and slowly. Add a drip insert PS!This has such a fantastic scent that the scent alone is reason enough you want to own this. If you like forest/woods/moss/pine/cedar scents make sure to try (German) Pitralon Classic and Sir Irisch Moos as well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)