What's new

Hans Baier Exclusive Silberspitzen Dachshaar

Item Description

My father brought me this brush from Germany as a Christmas gift. As such I don't know how much it costs, so as it was free for me I just put 10 down for that. I don't really know that much about the manufacturer, however, from what I have been able to tell from using the brush, it is a very nice item.

It comes in a bog-standard plastic box, like a common Wilkinson-Sword brush, or the Men-U boar brush. The hairs are densly packed, and are also quite soft, yet firm. The handle is just plastic, however, it looks great, and feels great too.

displayimage.php

In terms of performance, this brush is actually (in my opinion) better than my Kent BLK4, as it requires less cream/soap, and is a bit stiffer (probably due to the shortness of the hairs).

Below is a picture of the brush, after lathering some Men-U shaving cream.

displayimage.php

I did lather in a rush, so it has a little too much water, but the brush is packed, and will last for over 4 passes. The only downside to this brush is that it loses a lot of hair. I seem to be losing one every shave, which is annoying. However, it does not seem to be getting thin anywhere, so for now, I don't think it will be too big an issue.

Overall, I would say that this is a great little brush. It gives great lather, and great shaves. If you ever go to Germany and need a new brush, go for one of these, they are great.

displayimage.php

Latest reviews

Pros: soft
Cons: loses a lot of hair
I am very disappointed for a product like that. It loses to much hair. I had my brush for about 8 months and it lost at least 50% of the hair.
Apart from that when new a great brush, all you want; soft good letherability etc.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
My father brought me this brush from Germany as a Christmas gift. As such I don't know how much it costs, so as it was free for me I just put 10 down for that. I don't really know that much about the manufacturer, however, from what I have been able to tell from using the brush, it is a very nice item.

It comes in a bog-standard plastic box, like a common Wilkinson-Sword brush, or the Men-U boar brush. The hairs are densly packed, and are also quite soft, yet firm. The handle is just plastic, however, it looks great, and feels great too.

displayimage.php

In terms of performance, this brush is actually (in my opinion) better than my Kent BLK4, as it requires less cream/soap, and is a bit stiffer (probably due to the shortness of the hairs).

Below is a picture of the brush, after lathering some Men-U shaving cream.

displayimage.php

I did lather in a rush, so it has a little too much water, but the brush is packed, and will last for over 4 passes. The only downside to this brush is that it loses a lot of hair. I seem to be losing one every shave, which is annoying. However, it does not seem to be getting thin anywhere, so for now, I don't think it will be too big an issue.

Overall, I would say that this is a great little brush. It gives great lather, and great shaves. If you ever go to Germany and need a new brush, go for one of these, they are great.

displayimage.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips