What's new

St. Charles Shave Aspect After Shave Milk

Item Description

This aftershave milk comes in a cool 50ml bottle, and is a great summer product. The scent is very similar to Aqua di Parma aftershave (the one with the yellow box), but a bit more...green.

The aftershave sooths the skin well, and does seem to stop razor burn. A little will go a long way here, and a small amount will suffice for most, or perhaps even all of your face.

There is no cooling sensation here, but I don't think if would be nice to have one, as it would spoil the product. I really enjoy the scent.

One thing I must criticise is the fact that it makes my skin feel sticky afterwards. I might try using less next time, but so far, that has been my experience. It may just be that my skin is quite oily, and therefore will not absorb the aftershave properly. I will have to check that further. However, I would highly recommend this for people with dry skin, as it moisturises extremely well.

Latest reviews

This stuff is the most modern day "manly" scent SCS sells IMHO. I cracked the bottle and knew this stuff was my favorite...and I've tried Savory Rose, Med Citrus, Lavender, Bay Rum w/Twist, Nutriment, and Coconut (I really like all of them BTW...but this stuff is top amongst tops)...this scent is amazingly woodsy. Reminds me of hiking, lumberjacks, camping, pine trees...you get the drift.

Now...that said, we all say "...ahem..." that scent does not matter, but an aftershave should sufficiently heal and protect the skin from the recent ruffage of having a blade scraped across it.

This stuff does that in spades!

1) Price: Enough has been said about Saint Sue's amazing prices. I should have given her a 10 here for the quality...but you can still find Nivea or mass marketed products that do a decent job for a little less (when you include shipping)

2) Quality: Hands down a 10. This stuff heals the skin, fights razor burn, tones, smells amazing and moisturizes.

3) Fights Razor Burn: Haven't really had any to speak of while using this, but I can tell it will heal quite well based on the moisturizing properties.

4) Cooling Sensation: It doesn't have any menthol (or if it does its extremely small) so I gave it a medium mark here. Its not Osage...but its not meant to be. If you want a cool blast...go for her Blue Line Menthol. If you want a great smelling, healing milk...grab this! That said, I used it in upper 80 degree heat today and it felt great.

5) Scent: Already said I love it...#2 reason to buy after moisturizing properties.

6) Efficacy: Yup...does the job I asked it to do...heal my freshly shaven face, seal the skin and leave it smelling great.

7) Moisture: I'll preface this upfront with the fact that I've been using this in conjunction with MWF SS. This one two punch is amazing for its moisture providing properties. My face felt baby smooth hours later under the freshly growing stubble. Having used MWF before with other AS...I can say the ASM definitely makes a difference!

8) No alcohol burn...didn't have any...period!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This one just did not work for me at all.

It has a very artificial scent, and didn't seem to do anything as far as making my face feel better. I think whatever was used to carry the fragrance was as irritating to my skin as whatever parts were supposed to make it feel better, making the whole thing pretty much a wash.

If you like SCS's general approach to scents you probably won't have the scent problem, it has the same feel as other SCS things I've tried.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
For many that have been used to using a more liberal application of milk or balms, the stickiness you describe will occur. I use just enough to kind of wet my index and middle finger thoroughly. I quickly dob the milk on various portions of my face and then start to rub it in. You should only use enough so that you can tell that your face has received moisture from the application. You will be please with the end result.

Item information

Added by
FaPat5
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from FaPat5

Top Bottom