What's new

Leon and Tiger 3-hole Razor Blades

Item Description

Some of my favourite blades (Gillette Silver Blue and Nacet) have come from the Czech Republic, and so, when I purchased these blades from a B&B member I was looking foward to a good shave. The blades look just like those from the 1910s, 20s before the modern design developed. I like the look of these blades, but their performance (or lack thereof) is something entirely different.

I have rated both blades, as they are both pretty much identical in my opinion.

[NOTE] The Tiger blades are different than those that look like normal blades, that I sold on B&B a while ago.

Price: I paid around £6 for 2 packs of 10 (1 Leon, 1 Tiger), delivered to the UK. An ok price, same as Feather blades, BUT I gave it a score in relation to the blades as a whole, and must say that for these particular blades £6 was too much.

Quality: Didn't really know what to say here. The blades seem well made, except for their edge.

Sharpness: This is the killer of these blades. They are almost as dull as a 50/60yr old Gillette Thin blade (I tried one, so I know). Dreadful. A constant saga of pulling, pain and discomfort. These are new baldes, not old, and yet, at this moment, I wish they were old, so there would be an excuse.

Longevity: Not a clue, wasn't crazy enough to keep using them.

Smoothness of Shave: The constant pulling and lack of any sharpness at all meant I did not really feel any smoothness.

Packaging: A cardboard box, with 10 blades, each wrapped in wax paper and a paper wrapper. I quite like this retro packaging style.

To conclude: These blades are terrible. They couldn't cut through butter, not even if you melted it! I would not recommend these to anyone with a heavy/medium/light beard. In fact, I would only recommend these if you don't have a beard at all!

I don't know what they were thinking when they made these, but it can't have been anything productive. If you ever go to the Czech Republic, and see these blades, then run. Run as fast as you can!! Forget any blade you thought was dull, when you have tried these, you will have a new definition of 'horrible'.

[Tried attaching an image, but it wouldn't show so I used the gallery.]

displayimage.php

Latest reviews

Pros: Great packaging
Cons: Like shaving with a butter knife
I have tried both the tiger three hole and the Tatra standard De blades.These are both from the same manufacturer.These are the worst new blades i have used since 1963.They were so dull that i did not even get a tingle from the Alum afterwards.I used Masters Topaz AS ,and again ,not any response from my skin.These things could not even take off skin cells.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Some of my favourite blades (Gillette Silver Blue and Nacet) have come from the Czech Republic, and so, when I purchased these blades from a B&B member I was looking foward to a good shave. The blades look just like those from the 1910s, 20s before the modern design developed. I like the look of these blades, but their performance (or lack thereof) is something entirely different.

I have rated both blades, as they are both pretty much identical in my opinion.

[NOTE] The Tiger blades are different than those that look like normal blades, that I sold on B&B a while ago.

Price: I paid around £6 for 2 packs of 10 (1 Leon, 1 Tiger), delivered to the UK. An ok price, same as Feather blades, BUT I gave it a score in relation to the blades as a whole, and must say that for these particular blades £6 was too much.

Quality: Didn't really know what to say here. The blades seem well made, except for their edge.

Sharpness: This is the killer of these blades. They are almost as dull as a 50/60yr old Gillette Thin blade (I tried one, so I know). Dreadful. A constant saga of pulling, pain and discomfort. These are new baldes, not old, and yet, at this moment, I wish they were old, so there would be an excuse.

Longevity: Not a clue, wasn't crazy enough to keep using them.

Smoothness of Shave: The constant pulling and lack of any sharpness at all meant I did not really feel any smoothness.

Packaging: A cardboard box, with 10 blades, each wrapped in wax paper and a paper wrapper. I quite like this retro packaging style.

To conclude: These blades are terrible. They couldn't cut through butter, not even if you melted it! I would not recommend these to anyone with a heavy/medium/light beard. In fact, I would only recommend these if you don't have a beard at all!

I don't know what they were thinking when they made these, but it can't have been anything productive. If you ever go to the Czech Republic, and see these blades, then run. Run as fast as you can!! Forget any blade you thought was dull, when you have tried these, you will have a new definition of 'horrible'.

[Tried attaching an image, but it wouldn't show so I used the gallery.]

displayimage.php
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)