Items by u2u

u2u
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Feather Artist Club DX Non Folding Japanese Style Disposable Blade Straight Razor Over many years of straight razor shaving I have found use for disposable blade straights, both as travel razors, and fill ins before I took up honing. With many western style folding straights in my collection I decided to venture out into a non folder. I did so with trepidation as I couldn't envision success given how I use my folding straights. I decided to try a Feather Artist Club DX. The review I...
u2u
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Views
Reviews
Sometimes reading reviews and searching the net for razor images misleads one into passing over true gems. I had been at Menessentials, on Danforth, in Toronto looking for a new straight. Seth, the Directing Manager, told me about a Dovo Desert Ironwood he had. Having seen a negative review on B&B by Joel I didn't give the Ironwood consideration opting for a Bergischer Lowe instead. Since then, my enabling wife returned to Menessentials to look at another razor. She also checked out the...
u2u
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Boellis Panama 1924 Almond Shave Soap 2013 Formulation Last week I attended Menessentials, on Danforth, in Toronto, to address an imbalance in my razor/creams ratio. I purchased two Dovo straight razors, a Mammut and a Flowing, establishing a one to one ratio. With my spouse in tow I didn't really want to leave without surreptitiously re-establishing the imbalance but I had no idea what soap or cream to seek out. The enablers on B&B gave me some acquisition management strategies...
u2u
2.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Several months ago I decided to expand my accumulation of straights from five to fourteen, give or take. After much searching on the forums I thought four or five Wackers could find a place in my rotation. I set out to buy a blonde horn "Gadsden" 15/16 notch point for an initial evaluation of both a vendor and the Wacker product. I wanted the blade factory fresh. If it were not shave ready I would address the matter with my Shaptons. In due course I received a dark horn...
u2u
Views
I have a modest collection of users acquired since the mid-late nineties. My original three razors are Dovos and recently after a negative foray with Wacker, mixed results with several TIs, and two very good experiences with Dovo, I purchased a Mammut. I did so with some reservation due to the generally negative view of Dovo on this board, and the Mammut review by Joel. The razor arrived sealed in the same well made black wood case used since release of this model. Nice for presentation or...
Top Bottom