Items by Tinzien

A co-worker who knows about my love of wet-shaving and skin care products (SCAD) gave me a couple of small 2oz. sample soaps from Happy Baby Herbal Soaps for my birthday. Due to the collection of other soaps that I already had it took three months before I got around to trying this soap. Let me state up front that I am regretting having waited so long! --- From their website http://http://prettybabysoap.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=hs: "Sweet Orange...
Price: At the limited time offering of $110 USD, this brush is a perfect guiltless steal in relation to what you are getting for the price. This brush is designed to last for years of use and the overall cost of ownership for each year is amazingly low! Quality: Joel and John must be Type-A personalities because neither were satisfied with the offering until it met their specs and survived their testing regime. This is a very good thing in the case of this brush because both made sure...
This is another quality soap from Mullers Lane Farms. The bar is 4oz and well worth the $5 price for its moisturizing properties. The only issue I had is that unlike the eggnog soap, this soap did not have a scent that lasted beyond opening up the wrapper and exposing the soap to air. :blink: Even under warm and hot water there was no hint of scent that I could pick up which was disappointing on days when I could have used the pick-me-up in the morning. However, this soap is very gentle...
Price: $5 (plus tax and shipping) for 4oz is an amazing price for this soap when its performance is taken into consideration. Even though this is a "fast use" soap I had no feelings of not getting my money's worth. Quality: A great soap, perfect scent. Latherability: Not a soap that creates gobs of lather, but it does produce a good volume. Moisturizing: This soap left my skin with a pleasing, non-greasy balm sort of feel that lasted pretty much all day. The soap is made with 100%...
Since being introduced to proper wet-shaving I've found that I like to try new things all the time. When Mama Bear announced that she was going to be selling traditional country soaps from people she knew and trusted then I was all for giving a bar or two a go. I will be up front in that this bar is a mixed bag *BUT* I do not regret trying this bar of soap from start to finish. This is clearly a case where your mileage may vary!! Please, try this or another Issy soap and I hope you have...
I purchased a bar of this bath soap a few weeks ago while standing slack-jawed in the body care section of my local Whole Foods. I've become a great fan of the rosemary/mint combination since I first smelled it care of a like-scented Mama Bear shaving soap puck. Price: This is a big bar (8oz.) chocked full of goodness yet is priced very aggressively. I paid about $4.50 (plus tax) and I believe that I got a very good deal. Quality: The bar does not feel mass-produced like a Dove or...
From the bottle: "Deep cleansing, soap free, pH balanced with tea tree oil (natural antiseptic & anti-bacterial) and witch hazel. Ideal to help protect from spots, shaving rash and control greasy skin. Generates low level of lather, delivering ingredients to where needed." To me this is a fine product with a nice twist, being that it makes for an excellent after-shaving aid if I have been too rough or my face needs some soothing. I will apply this facial wash post-shave, let it sit for a...
Water exists in nature in liquid, vapor and frozen form. It now exists in a fourth, Nancy Boy Replenishing Facial Moisturizer! Price: $21 at the Nancy Boy website. Even at $21 for 2oz I am marking the score as a 9 because the product is well worth the money. I have had my container for two months and even after daily use I still don't think I have made any real dent in the amount. This jar should last me for at least a year if not more at this rate! Quality: As with other NB products...
Coate's Tea Tree Shaving Cream is much like the funny kid who is not popular for some reason and is thus picked last for a group function. However, upon being picked this particular kid demonstrates that he or she is capable of kicking the rumps of the opposing side without breaking a sweat. In short, this cream just wants to be liked amongst the roses and sandalwoods and allowed to do its job. For a shaver with sensitive skin, this is an excellent cream to have. Price: $29 (plus...
I purchased the three shaving soap cake sampler from Artifact Soapworks Limited on Ebay. The scents that arrived were Bay Rum, Old Spice and Sandalwood. Price: I gave this a high mark of 9 because the sampler as a whole only cost just under $8 (plus shipping). For me this made it a safer "buy and try" than a higher priced lot. Quality: It's soap (note I did not say shaving soap, more on that soon) in a beige cake no matter what scent is selected. The cake is simple and uniform but there...
Top Bottom