What's new

South of France - Rosemary Mint Bath Soap

I bought a bar of this from World Market for my wife for Christmas. I enjoy using it too. Great scent, great lather, nice feel on the skin. A solid bar of soap. Will probably outlast 3 bars of Lever. I like it. She likes it. Thumbs up!

-Mason
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I purchased a bar of this bath soap a few weeks ago while standing slack-jawed in the body care section of my local Whole Foods. I've become a great fan of the rosemary/mint combination since I first smelled it care of a like-scented Mama Bear shaving soap puck.

Price: This is a big bar (8oz.) chocked full of goodness yet is priced very aggressively. I paid about $4.50 (plus tax) and I believe that I got a very good deal.

Quality: The bar does not feel mass-produced like a Dove or Ivory bar does in my hands. The soap is kettle cooked using a traditional Marseille recipe which results in a solid milled soap. The balance of scent, moisturizing, lather and glide really point to time well spent in developing this bar of bath soap.

Latherability: I rated this somewhat lower as it does have a tendency to not be a lather-monster, but I get a clear lather that persists until I wash it off. The lather washes away quickly under warm water and does not leave a soapy residue.

Moisturizing: A week of daily use was what it took this bar to reverse a couple of dry areas on my arms. When I get out of the shower I feel like a good bit of the moisture has been absorbed into my skin and even hours after a shower my skin still feels good.

Scent: If you like Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint shaving soap then you better stop reading here and go get yourself a bar of this soap. The scent is well balanced, natural and not cloying or "sweet". The scent persists in my bathroom whether the bar is wet or dry and really pops my eyes open when I get this under a hot shower jet.

Efficacy: I fell clean, my nose gets a treat and it helps my skin which generally suffers during the cool months. I like to try many products now, but this bar is going into my small soap rotation.

Packaging: A thin plastic wrapper with a nice label. The lettering on the label is rather nice but I do not know what font is used.

===

Ingredients:
To Top Pure vegetable oils (palm, coconut and/or olive oil), shea butter, mineral pigment and/or clay, natural fragrance and/or essential oils.

===

Discussion Thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=162216#post162216
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)