What's new

Pretty Baby Herbal Soap - Sudzy Navel

Item Description

A co-worker who knows about my love of wet-shaving and skin care products (SCAD) gave me a couple of small 2oz. sample soaps from Happy Baby Herbal Soaps for my birthday.

Due to the collection of other soaps that I already had it took three months before I got around to trying this soap. Let me state up front that I am regretting having waited so long!

---

From their website
http://http://prettybabysoap.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=hs:

"Sweet Orange zest. Delightfully refreshing with Orange peel and cornmeal as gentle scrubbers.Great for gardeners, and for all who love the aroma of a fresh-peeled Orange."

---

Price: $3.00 for a 2oz. bar / $5.00 for a 4oz. bar - This price is an absolute steal in my opinion based on the quality, scent and efficacy of this soap.

Quality: Five generations of the Happy Baby Herbal Soap family have been involved in making or helping to make soap for the business. The bars are sturdy, comfortable to grip, smell wonderful and hold up very well in the shower and during use. This is not a six-use-bar-and-it's-gone bar.

Latherability: This natural herbal soap is not a lather monster but it does lather well and I can clearly tell where I have washed. The first shower was a little lite on suds but the following showers were excellent. The cornmeal does not get in the way of using this bar and in fact blends in very well as a scrubbing agent.

Moisturizing: This soap leaves my skin feeling healthy, protected and more moisturized than a standard bar of Dove soap. The moisturizing effect/feel is different than the sublime South of France soap bars, but just as effective. I have not had any dry or itchy patches of skin as I often have at the drop of a hat if the winter environment has its way with me.

Scent: This is the sort of orange scent that I want in a bar of soap! The scent is pure orange to the point that my brain could be fooled to think that someone has just ripped the peel off of a fresh orange! In my earlier review of the Mullers Lane Farm "Juicy Orange" I bemoaned the lack of scent staying power, but this is not the case with this bar! My bathroom smells good and my skin retains the orange smell for around 15 minutes after a shower. My nose looks forward to this bar to help wake up my brain and I have even taken an evening shower just to use this bar as a means of using scent to help me unwind after work. The scent is clean, natural and not fake. Think of a natural, more orange-amped version of Pinaud's Eau du Portugal hair tonic scent.

Efficacy: It smells phenomenal, lathers well and gets me clean as a whistle!

Packaging: The bars are unprotected by a case or wrapper, but do have a very charming multi-colored image banded about the bar. There were no dings or gouges in my bar and it seems sturdy enough that the lack of protection is a minor thing.

This is an excellent soap for a guy or girl if you love oranges!

===

Discussion Thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=189153#post189153

Latest reviews

A co-worker who knows about my love of wet-shaving and skin care products (SCAD) gave me a couple of small 2oz. sample soaps from Happy Baby Herbal Soaps for my birthday.

Due to the collection of other soaps that I already had it took three months before I got around to trying this soap. Let me state up front that I am regretting having waited so long!

---

From their website
http://http://prettybabysoap.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=hs:

"Sweet Orange zest. Delightfully refreshing with Orange peel and cornmeal as gentle scrubbers.Great for gardeners, and for all who love the aroma of a fresh-peeled Orange."

---

Price: $3.00 for a 2oz. bar / $5.00 for a 4oz. bar - This price is an absolute steal in my opinion based on the quality, scent and efficacy of this soap.

Quality: Five generations of the Happy Baby Herbal Soap family have been involved in making or helping to make soap for the business. The bars are sturdy, comfortable to grip, smell wonderful and hold up very well in the shower and during use. This is not a six-use-bar-and-it's-gone bar.

Latherability: This natural herbal soap is not a lather monster but it does lather well and I can clearly tell where I have washed. The first shower was a little lite on suds but the following showers were excellent. The cornmeal does not get in the way of using this bar and in fact blends in very well as a scrubbing agent.

Moisturizing: This soap leaves my skin feeling healthy, protected and more moisturized than a standard bar of Dove soap. The moisturizing effect/feel is different than the sublime South of France soap bars, but just as effective. I have not had any dry or itchy patches of skin as I often have at the drop of a hat if the winter environment has its way with me.

Scent: This is the sort of orange scent that I want in a bar of soap! The scent is pure orange to the point that my brain could be fooled to think that someone has just ripped the peel off of a fresh orange! In my earlier review of the Mullers Lane Farm "Juicy Orange" I bemoaned the lack of scent staying power, but this is not the case with this bar! My bathroom smells good and my skin retains the orange smell for around 15 minutes after a shower. My nose looks forward to this bar to help wake up my brain and I have even taken an evening shower just to use this bar as a means of using scent to help me unwind after work. The scent is clean, natural and not fake. Think of a natural, more orange-amped version of Pinaud's Eau du Portugal hair tonic scent.

Efficacy: It smells phenomenal, lathers well and gets me clean as a whistle!

Packaging: The bars are unprotected by a case or wrapper, but do have a very charming multi-colored image banded about the bar. There were no dings or gouges in my bar and it seems sturdy enough that the lack of protection is a minor thing.

This is an excellent soap for a guy or girl if you love oranges!

===

Discussion Thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?p=189153#post189153
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)