Items by ClubmanRob

Well, Clubman made an exfoliating face wash. I say made because apparently it has been discontinued, though it is still readily available at Sally's, where I purchased it for 3.50. The stuff just plain stinks. I don't know how else to put it; it smells like a musty, mildewed basement or a moldy locker room, with a weird mint note. Other than that, it does clean your face very well, and leaves it nice and shiny, with plenty of moisture to boot. If you can get past the smell, this may...
ClubmanRob
0.67 star(s) 21 ratings
Views
Reviews
I'm not one that digs store brand knock-offs of already bargained priced brands. I don't understand the point of buying a 1.99 plastic bottle of fake Aqua Velva when there's a giant glass bottle on the shelf next to it for a dollar more. I've smelled them all, and for the most part they all pale in comparison to their slightly more expensive big brothers. Having said that, I've been using the generic Old Spice for years. It's hard to miss; unlike real Old Spice it doesn't come boxed, and...
The Super Max Swift 3... no wonder India is primarily a DE market. If this is what passes for cartridge razors, then there's no question why they hate them so badly. I came across this at the Dollar Tree. Your four quarters get you a cheap plastic Sensor handle and four dull triple bladed cartridges. The package proudly proclaims that the blades are "Japanese Steel", but you won't mistake these dull monstrosities for a Hitori Hanzo Katana any time soon. The only plus is that there's no...
Hai Karate! Those two words bring you back to the magical time of the late sixties/early seventies, where men were men and women put up with it. You remember that guy that was in his late twenties, but cruised around in his mom's Fairmont looking at the highschool girls? He wore Hai Karate. The janitor at the YMCA that had a cigarette perpetually hanging from the corner of his mouth, and a transistor radio in his back pocket? Hai Karate. The guy with the crooked mustache, black...
ClubmanRob
0.23 star(s) 13 ratings
Views
Reviews
The Gillette Vector is the current version of the Atra that's being manufactured for the Asian market. Most are made in China and are available online, and at a decent price. You can purchase a Vector for less than five bucks, shipped. A bit of background on the Vector: it's a standard Atra design that was introduced in the late seventies to replace the Trac II. The basic blade design was the same as the Trac II, updated to include a lube strip and a pivoting head. Love it or hate it, I...
Having been using these recently I wanted to comment on them. There's still some guys here that use the older cartridge razors, and this is one of the best multi blades I've ever used. To start off, these aren't the Twin II Plus blades with the lubricating strip, these are the non-pivoting, non-lubricating blades made by Personna for Trac II type razors. I'm currently using them in a Bump Fighter razor. I scored both at Wal-Mart for around three dollars and some change each. The...
Arrived in a 16 oz. plastic bottle for less than eight dollars shipped. LT Bay Rum AS is a decent aftershave- it has a brisk feeling with little sting. It has slight moisturizing qualities with an adequate cooling effect. I'm not crazy about the scent, however. You can't compare this to Pinaud Bay Rum, or even Masters for that matter. It's like a cheap knock off of Clubman Bay Rum, more barbicide than genuine Bay Rum. A very weak chemical scent that wears off within the hour. What...
YU by Pinaud is a very compelling fragrance. I always felt that this fragrance should have been named "Lilac Vegetal" instead of the regular LV, because you can actually smell hints of Lilac in this very earthy compound. The top notes are a floral mix- lilac, sage, lavender, paprika- all of those scents recognizable and perfectly at home with each other. The mid notes are of a powdery flavor. Almost exactly the fresh scent of Clubman Talc- in fact, my GF asked me why my talc smelled...
Yves St Laurent M7 flat out smells sexy, powerful and refined. It's a sophisticated and successful scent, perfectly suited to office wear. At first. This stuff does NOT go away. I put some on Wednesday morning, and I could smell it on me when I went to take a shower the next day. I've never had an AS linger that long, and by then all that was left was a pungent musky basenote that I was not enjoying at all. Its a very complex fragrance- the first three or four hours are heaven but eight...
If you're lucky enough to come across some of this in the wild, go ahead and snatch it up, as it's getting harder and harder to come by. This particular bottle came as part of a gift set along with the Clubman aftershave. I believe it dates from around 1967 or so. One thing about all the Pinaud colognes I've bought off the internet the last several years- I've never received any that hasn't kept its scent, and I've got some stuff dating back to the teens, twenties, and thirties. Pinaud...
Napoleon All Purpose Lotion by Pinaud is the same exact scent as Special Reserve. If you've sampled the latter and didn't like it, then stay away from Napoleon. This is one of the many Pinaud artifacts in my collection and while I used to like Special Reserve, I find now that the scent just makes me gag. It goes on well, but after several hours the after effect is hideous. That's why I have to give low marks to Napoleon. This was the original formulation of what is now known as...
Top Bottom