What's new

Pinaud Napoleon All Purpose Lotion

Napoleon All Purpose Lotion by Pinaud is the same exact scent as Special Reserve. If you've sampled the latter and didn't like it, then stay away from Napoleon.

This is one of the many Pinaud artifacts in my collection and while I used to like Special Reserve, I find now that the scent just makes me gag. It goes on well, but after several hours the after effect is hideous.

That's why I have to give low marks to Napoleon. This was the original formulation of what is now known as Special Reserve, only it is even stronger and longer lasting than the SR we know today. In fact, when Pinaud reformulated the Napoleon Lotion into strict aftershave, the new "Special Reserve" formula kept the portrait of Napoleon on the label although the name appeared nowhere on the bottle.

I've used this as an after shower splash, an aftershave, and as a cologne. I have to really be in the mood to drag this one out of the medicine cabinet today. The longevity is just unreal- you have been warned! The vanilla is much more pronounced in this older version, but it mellows into a musty old locker-room scent that just hangs in the air.

If you like Special Reserve and want it to last even longer- track down a bottle of Napoleon today. If you despise SR then you will absolutely loathe Napoleon.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)