What's new

Super Max Swift 3

Item Description

The Super Max Swift 3... no wonder India is primarily a DE market. If this is what passes for cartridge razors, then there's no question why they hate them so badly.

I came across this at the Dollar Tree. Your four quarters get you a cheap plastic Sensor handle and four dull triple bladed cartridges. The package proudly proclaims that the blades are "Japanese Steel", but you won't mistake these dull monstrosities for a Hitori Hanzo Katana any time soon. The only plus is that there's no lube strip to aggravate the process.

The handle is almost weightless, and though the head is billed as "pivoting", it's as nimble as a concrete block. It's pretty much a fixed head that places the blades at an awkward angle. The three blades are spaced apart quite openly, nothing like the Mach III.

Putting this to my face I noticed absolutely no cutting going on, but a whole lot of drag. I went ahead and finished my shave and looked like I never touched a razor that morning. The blades feel like a Trac II cartridge that has been in use since 1971. Lots of redness and stubble.

I guess you can't complain much about a 1.00 Indian cartridge razor. If you need an emergency Sensor handle, it will do in a pinch. I however can't even recommend that as ASR makes the Tri-Flexx razor that also takes Sensor carts, and can be had for around three dollars at most Wal-Marts. It's an even better handle than the original Sensor razor.

Bottom line: Even for a dollar, it's still a rip off. To your pocket and your face. :w00t:

Latest reviews

Tried the Kwik 3 disposables. Pathetic.

The DE blades are excellent tho.

Personna's doing amazing things. Its Sensor handle is better than Gillette's junkie one, and their Twin IIs carts. stomp the Trac II ones.

ASR is a good, honest brand. Turns out better mass-market products than anyone else.
The Super Max Swift 3... no wonder India is primarily a DE market. If this is what passes for cartridge razors, then there's no question why they hate them so badly.

I came across this at the Dollar Tree. Your four quarters get you a cheap plastic Sensor handle and four dull triple bladed cartridges. The package proudly proclaims that the blades are "Japanese Steel", but you won't mistake these dull monstrosities for a Hitori Hanzo Katana any time soon. The only plus is that there's no lube strip to aggravate the process.

The handle is almost weightless, and though the head is billed as "pivoting", it's as nimble as a concrete block. It's pretty much a fixed head that places the blades at an awkward angle. The three blades are spaced apart quite openly, nothing like the Mach III.

Putting this to my face I noticed absolutely no cutting going on, but a whole lot of drag. I went ahead and finished my shave and looked like I never touched a razor that morning. The blades feel like a Trac II cartridge that has been in use since 1971. Lots of redness and stubble.

I guess you can't complain much about a 1.00 Indian cartridge razor. If you need an emergency Sensor handle, it will do in a pinch. I however can't even recommend that as ASR makes the Tri-Flexx razor that also takes Sensor carts, and can be had for around three dollars at most Wal-Marts. It's an even better handle than the original Sensor razor.

Bottom line: Even for a dollar, it's still a rip off. To your pocket and your face. :w00t:
Grip
2.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)