Items by BigRich

BigRich
0.87 star(s) 15 ratings
Views
Reviews
This is probably one of the most disappointing products I've tried since taking the path of the wet shaver. AOS pre-shave oil was the first pre-shave product I tried and it almost turned me off the idea all together. This stuff came out like slightly warmed Crisco. I went on gooey and it was darn near impossible to get off of my hands afterward. The price is okay at $22 a bottle but other than that I can't say many good things. It's half the price of Castle Forbes but less than half as...
Eau de Cologne is another of Trumper's fabulous scents that I was fortunate enough to get in their sampler pack. Personally, I think this is one of my favorite scents from them. I personally really liked Astor and Spanish Leather too but I liked Eau de Cologne for a completely different reason. The scent is great. It's a light lemony floral scent with woody undertones but that's not what I liked. I like it because it's one of the most subtle scents I've ever worn. It truely defines the...
BigRich
1.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Views
Reviews
I got this scent as part of my Trumpers Sampler pack. I was intrigued by the idea of the Marlborough Cologne because I love the smell of tobacco. I thought this would be nice pipe tobacco with a mixture of fine english scents. Boy was I wrong. Fragrance is a very personal thing. I realize that. While some of Trumpers fragrances have not been my cup of tea, I still sing the virutes of their staying power, qulity, packaging, etc. All that is still present in the Marlborough Cologne...
I have to first admit that I didn't think I would like the scent initially. When I opened it I again questioned why I was trying this. I don't particularly care for the scent of the lime skinfood and this initially smells just like that. EXACTLY. The same lime flavored Lifesaver candy smell going on the skin. But wait...there's more. What surprised me was that about 15 minutes later when I smell my wrist, the scent had totally changed. The candy sweetness was gone and what was left...
BigRich
0.25 star(s) 4 ratings
Views
Reviews
Trumpers Astor is a cologne that I would recommend for just about anybody to try. I'm a firm believer in the old saying "different strokes for different folks" and nothing is made for everyone but Astor is a unique proposition. The scent isn't really like anything I've come across. That doesn't mean that other similar fragrances don't exist, I just haven't been drawn to try them for one reason or another. What really draws me to this cologne is the complexity. It has so many layers...
I'm not typically as fan of floral scents when it comes to cologne. I think that they are great in creams, soaps, and even aftershaves but for cologne, I'm just not a fan. That said, Trumpers does make some solid floral colognes. Some surprise me more than others but as with all their cologne, they are high quality, expensive, well packaged, and have great staying power. Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about the scent. I'm not a gardener or botanist or even an amateur...
Given the number of guys who rave about The Body Shop's shaving cream I was really surprised that only one of their ASBs had been reviewed and not even their basic two. For Men Razor Relief is their basic ASB that comes in a 3.3 oz tube and costs $14. At $4.24 it is one of the least expensive ASBs I've found that's worth a darn. I've been using this stuff for quite some time and really like it. Is it the best ASB out there? No. But it's available at any mall with a Body Shop and no...
This is called a "cologne and body spray" by Trumpers and the scent is a very light and almost feminine smell that reminds of mof the 90's unisex scent craze led by Calvin Klein. Price: I think this is a little too expensive, especially when compared to like scents. Quality: Like all Trumper's products, this cologne is of solid but not necessarily exceptional quality. Packaging: Good but not fantastic. Scent: I'm really not a fan. Milk of Flowers is the name and it...
This was my first brush. Looking back on all the great shaves it's given me I thought it was a good time to review it. First, my personal preference is for somewhat smaller brush. I'm just not a fan of the big floppy monsters out there. So as always YMMV. Price At $25 you really can't beat the price. My experiences with brushes is usually that you get what you pay for but this guy has more than held up his end of the bargain. Quality This is a solidly made brush. I've had no...
I've read a number of reviews of other Caswell Massey products that are not very positive but they all seem to have one thing in common. The product generally does well in most categories but has one major fault. This aftershave balm is not exception. Here it's the packaging. This actually a pretty good product with a great scent but it's so thick and the opening on the bottle is so small you can get it out. The only way I could get the cream out was to either fish it out with a Q-Tip...
Top Bottom