What's new

Geo F. Trumper Extract of Limes Cologne

Great scent & bottle, but is gone in 10 min. (unless I rub it in my hair, then it lasts only a bit longer.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Sample vial, so no ratings for price, packaging, or atomizer. A very clean, straightforward lime scent that is faintly artificial. A note of something else in the drydown, but I can't quite place it. Nevertheless, not complex, and while I enjoyed it, it didn't last very long and was not quite as deep a scent as I was looking for.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
This is the most limey lime scent I have ever come across and for the first five minutes it's pure citrus heaven. Reminds me of a Caipirinha (Brazilian drink stuffed with fresh crushed limes). The downside is of course the price and the fact that it really only lasts for about 10 minutes. I would almost consider this an aftershave splash which would make it even a worse QPR. Wouldn't pay for a whole bottle.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I have to first admit that I didn't think I would like the scent initially. When I opened it I again questioned why I was trying this. I don't particularly care for the scent of the lime skinfood and this initially smells just like that. EXACTLY. The same lime flavored Lifesaver candy smell going on the skin. But wait...there's more.

What surprised me was that about 15 minutes later when I smell my wrist, the scent had totally changed. The candy sweetness was gone and what was left was a citrus tinged woody smell. Almost like a Lime Stetson. Not the greatest scent in the world but much more pleasing than the going on scent. While not one of my favorites, I've got to give Trumpers a nod for the complexity.

Like all Trumpers fragrances the quality, packaging, and staying power are solid, but the price is a little high.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)