What's new

Art of Shaving Unscented Pre-Shave Oil

Item Description

This is probably one of the most disappointing products I've tried since taking the path of the wet shaver. AOS pre-shave oil was the first pre-shave product I tried and it almost turned me off the idea all together. This stuff came out like slightly warmed Crisco. I went on gooey and it was darn near impossible to get off of my hands afterward. The price is okay at $22 a bottle but other than that I can't say many good things. It's half the price of Castle Forbes but less than half as useful. My recommendation would be to skip it all together and try some Skinfood.

Latest reviews

Pros: Lubricates
Cons: Greasy, thick, over priced
I agree with the above posts - this stuff works but is really thick and gooey. Very unpleasant to remove from your hands.
Also, the unscented version has a strong sandalwood scent, which isn't my favourite.
You are better off making something yourself for a fraction of the price.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Durability
2.00 star(s)
Usefulness
2.00 star(s)
Performance
2.00 star(s)
Cons: Messy
I've tried the unscented and the Lavendar which has a great scent and works well but, I don’t like to use get it all over my hands in the morning – it’s very oily. Actually that’s all it is – oil with a fragrance or without. It also get on your razor and makes a film in the sink. I would use for heavy growth but not a daily shaver, too messy. You'd be better off rubbing olive oil on your face.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Durability
1.00 star(s)
Usefulness
2.00 star(s)
Performance
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Good packaging. Readily available product: at most malls.
Cons: Inexpensive product at premium price, thick compared to other oils.
Yes, applying this product to wet face is way to go, it needs to be thinned. The ingredients are basic and inexpensive. If you work with oils you will know that these two (olive and castor) are inexpensive and very thick (especially the castor oil) for a similar price you can make an excellent premium oil at home (and a lot more of it). Message me if you would like a recipe. The thickness of this oil, even thinned, concerns me as to brush residue. I just cannot justify the quality and content with the price. The upside is that it is readily available in many areas allowing new wet shavers easy access to a pre-shave oil.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
1.00 star(s)
Performance
2.00 star(s)