What's new

Which single stack 9?

I have been keeping up on the P365 updates and about it's issues since February of this year. From everything I have gleaned from Sig forums, Youtube and the like, sounds like Sig has addressed every problem found. From what I read currently, there have been no issues with pistols who's manufactured 'born on dates' since the 1st of May.

The Sig P365 I just acquired, has a born on date of July 15th. So I will be finding out on my own, soon enough.

If it breaks in a new area that hasn't ever been reported, it won't be Sig's fault, it will be mine. :)
Interesting. Thanks for the update.

I have been keeping up on the P365 updates and about it's issues since February of this year. From everything I have gleaned from Sig forums, Youtube and the like, sounds like Sig has addressed every problem found. From what I read currently, there have been no issues with pistols who's manufactured 'born on dates' since the 1st of May.

The Sig P365 I just acquired, has a born on date of July 15th. So I will be finding out on my own, soon enough.

If it breaks in a new area that hasn't ever been reported, it won't be Sig's fault, it will be mine. :)

Excellent! I really want to like this pistol but, as I guess is always true about new firearms, best to let them work the bugs out first.

Funny, I had never even heard about "striker drag" until the MAC videos hit. Do you happen to know if this issue is one that has been addressed? Or is it even an issue? The "striker drag" that the P365 produces is impressive, and not in a good way. I checked, and my Shield has a tiny length of "striker drag" too, while my PPQ has none. It's always my day to learn.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Excellent! I really want to like this pistol but, as I guess is always true about new firearms, best to let them work the bugs out first.

Funny, I had never even heard about "striker drag" until the MAC videos hit. Do you happen to know if this issue is one that has been addressed? Or is it even an issue? The "striker drag" that the P365 produces is impressive, and not in a good way. I checked, and my Shield has a tiny length of "striker drag" too, while my PPQ has none. It's always my day to learn.

All micro compacts which are chambered in adequate calibers, are all guilty of striker drag by the inherent nature of their design; where after a fired round, the short slide begins to return to battery, before the striker's spring has finished it's compression rearward from the previous shot. The shorter the slide and slide stops, the greater the striker drag. I haven't seen a micro 9 shorter then the P365. Maybe Sig's 938, but that's a hammer fired 1911.

Kahr Arms might produce micro's with similar lengths to the P365, but not really familiar with Kahr. John @nortac might be able to clarify that for us? While I haven't seen a micro 9 as small as the P365, like you, I haven't ever seen that type of crazy striker drag either, where the drag goes all the way to to the outer casing of the rim.

I know Sig said they had some striker tips break do to a batch of striker's that didn't have enough of a certain type of alloy in them, but they fixed that problem. Sig's P365 striker's. where the only part of the pistol that they had out sourced to another company to make for them under contract.

I have always been a Glock guy and never liked most of Sigs other line of pistols for one reason or another. But in my opinion, I don't think people have been giving Sig a fair shake when it comes to the problems of the P365. And here are my reasons why.

1. People are getting on youtube, with their brand new Micro P365, that is designed for deep concealed carry, and they then try and abuse it, like it is a full sized Glock 19.

2. They then, proceed to throw 2000 or 3000 rounds down range with that iddy biddy gun, in a short amount of time, with no break in period, no chance for it to cool down, and no lubrication.

3. Then they scream and cry like a bunch of babies when it breaks! And say, Bad gun! Bad Sig! Sig isn't quality anymore! They don't do QC anymore! Wha, Wha, Wha!

4 They need to quit saying, I can do that with my Glock 19!

5. But it's not your Glock 19! Most guns aren't!!! SO QUIT TREATING IT LIKE IT'S A GLOCK 19 for GOD'S SAKE!!!

I have every plan and desire to abuse my Sig P365. But I'm not going to abuse it like it's a Glock 19. I'm going to abuse inside the perimeter of which it was designed and planned. Not like it's a go to war gun like the Glock 19. But like it's a very small, highly conceable, strictly, defensive pistol that it is. And if it breaks? I know for a fact, even though I have never, ever owned a Sig before, or dealt with Sig, Sig will stand behind their famous NAME and fix it, or replace it.

Because they are a great company with a great history. And nothing has changed except for the spoiled brats, who are used to having everything yesterday, and seem to understand That the P365 is something that has never been done before. It is and will, truly be a game changer. They whined about the Glock 43's troubles at first also, but not as bad because it is Glock.

I gave Sig my money for the first time ever. I also plan on giving them my patience and loyalty And because It just happens to have, a 12+1 capacity. :)

All micro compacts which are chambered in adequate calibers, are all guilty of striker drag by the inherent nature of their design; where after a fired round, the short slide begins to return to battery, before the striker's spring has finished it's compression rearward from the previous shot. The shorter the slide and slide stops, the greater the striker drag. I haven't seen a micro 9 shorter then the P365. Maybe Sig's 938, but that's a hammer fired 1911.

Kahr Arms might produce micro's with similar lengths to the P365, but not really familiar with Kahr. John @nortac might be able to clarify that for us? While I haven't seen a micro 9 as small as the P365, like you, I haven't ever seen that type of crazy striker drag either, where the drag goes all the way to to the outer casing of the rim.

I know Sig said they had some striker tips break do to a batch of striker's that didn't have enough of a certain type of alloy in them, but they fixed that problem. Sig's P365 striker's. where the only part of the pistol that they had out sourced to another company to make for them under contract.

I have always been a Glock guy and never liked most of Sigs other line of pistols for one reason or another. But in my opinion, I don't think people have been giving Sig a fair shake when it comes to the problems of the P365. And here are my reasons why.

1. People are getting on youtube, with their brand new Micro P365, that is designed for deep concealed carry, and they then try and abuse it, like it is a full sized Glock 19.

2. They then, proceed to throw 2000 or 3000 rounds down range with that iddy biddy gun, in a short amount of time, with no break in period, no chance for it to cool down, and no lubrication.

3. Then they scream and cry like a bunch of babies when it breaks! And say, Bad gun! Bad Sig! Sig isn't quality anymore! They don't do QC anymore! Wha, Wha, Wha!

4 They need to quit saying, I can do that with my Glock 19!

5. But it's not your Glock 19! Most guns aren't!!! SO QUIT TREATING IT LIKE IT'S A GLOCK 19 for GOD'S SAKE!!!

I have every plan and desire to abuse my Sig P365. But I'm not going to abuse it like it's a Glock 19. I'm going to abuse inside the perimeter of which it was designed and planned. Not like it's a go to war gun like the Glock 19. But like it's a very small, highly conceable, strictly, defensive pistol that it is. And if it breaks? I know for a fact, even though I have never, ever owned a Sig before, or dealt with Sig, Sig will stand behind their famous NAME and fix it, or replace it.

Because they are a great company with a great history. And nothing has changed except for the spoiled brats, who are used to having everything yesterday, and seem to understand That the P365 is something that has never been done before. It is and will, truly be a game changer. They whined about the Glock 43's troubles at first also, but not as bad because it is Glock.

I gave Sig my money for the first time ever. I also plan on giving them my patience and loyalty And because It just happens to have, a 12+1 capacity. :)
Yes. Working in a gun store I hear it all, and see most of it too. The 365 in a small, personal defense, gun. Folks buy little pieces and complain they're hard to shoot, and have poor durability. They ain't range guns.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@OkieStubble , after the initial break in and familiarization shooting of my Kahr PM9, it became a "carry a lot and shoot a little" side arm. Other than the smeared striker indentation on the primer, similar to what I've seen from Glocks, I don't recall ever seeing any striker drag on the brass case beyond the primer area, but I never really looked for it either. I'm way over due for a range session with my PM9, if I notice anything out of the ordinary, I'll report back with my observations. It may be awhile before I can get to the range though.

OkieStubble

@OkieStubble , after the initial break in and familiarization shooting of my Kahr PM9, it became a "carry a lot and shoot a little" side arm. Other than the smeared striker indentation on the primer, similar to what I've seen from Glocks, I don't recall ever seeing any striker drag on the brass case beyond the primer area, but I never really looked for it either. I'm way over due for a range session with my PM9, if I notice anything out of the ordinary, I'll report back with my observations. It may be awhile before I can get to the range though.

I'd appreciate it my brother. Just step outside on the porch and shoot 4 or 5 in the air and pick up the cases and look.

How hard can that be? ;)

And because It just happens to have, a 12+1 capacity. :)

Yes indeedy. And thanks for the explanation!

Folks buy little pieces and complain they're hard to shoot

Okay, I knew my little Shield was going to be hard to shoot, and when I fired it I found it was hard to shoot. Can I complain anyway? :biggrin:

Just step outside on the porch and shoot 4 or 5 in the air and pick up the cases and look. How hard can that be? ;)

LOL! I thought that was a shotgun technique.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Single stack 9mm, you say?

full

Go classic.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'd appreciate it my brother. Just step outside on the porch and shoot 4 or 5 in the air and pick up the cases and look.

How hard can that be? ;)

I could probably get away with it, I often hear a few rapid gunshots from a nearby neighborhood, don't think that they are all directed against animate objects. I recently found a .40 cal projectile on my patio with rifling scoring and a smear of paint the color of my house.

OkieStubble

I could probably get away with it, I often hear a few rapid gunshots from a nearby neighborhood, don't think that they are all directed against animate objects. I recently found a .40 cal projectile on my patio with rifling scoring and a smear of paint the color of my house.

That's not good.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
"Tough crowd, tough crowd."

Well. Pat Sweeney has a Luger article in this months Firearms News.

It IS a single-stack 9, perhaps classiest of all.

AA

OkieStubble

"Tough crowd, tough crowd."

Well. Pat Sweeney has a Luger article in this months Firearms News.

It IS a single-stack 9, perhaps classiest of all.

AA

Is he still around? I can remember reading his articles in G&A when I was a kid.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Is he still around? I can remember reading his articles in G&A when I was a kid.

Yeah! He also wrote all the AR-15 books. He's no Skeeter, but better than some.

The old Shogun News is now called Firearm News. Don't buy one; they get like $8 news stand. You can get a year/12 issues/whatever for like $10 sub.

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
So somebody throws down a LUGER, and everybody just keeps talking?! Like it was a G19 or something.

I'll go look for the Broomhandle Mauser ...

AA :a2:

I noticed it. I was going to post a pic. of one but you beat me to it and it would have to be stolen off of the net as I don't have one.

Broomhandle? :o16:

Yeah! He also wrote all the AR-15 books. He's no Skeeter, but better than some.

The old Shogun News is now called Firearm News. Don't buy one; they get like $8 news stand. You can get a year/12 issues/whatever for like $10 sub.

AA

The last subscription I had to Shotgun News was heavy on the tactical stuff...it wasn't like it used to be. I didn't renew.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I noticed it. I was going to post a pic. of one but you beat me to it and it would have to be stolen off of the net as I don't have one.

Broomhandle? :o16:

The last subscription I had to Shotgun News was heavy on the tactical stuff...it wasn't like it used to be. I didn't renew.

I don't have a Broomhandle either, that one escaped me.

The Ruger is a DWM Finn, with 5" Tikka barrel. M-23.

It is NOT a safe queen and shoots very well.

AA

Top Bottom