What's new

Pass-Around! Two Modded GD Razors and a Pasted Balsa Strop

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
What ever happen to the two GDs and balsa stop in this pass-around?

They got to the UK and then everything went quiet.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
If no more takers in the UK, and none in Europe, I don't see anything stopping an Asia tour or an Aus tour. Interested parties will of course have to work something out on the shipping. I would have this post serve as LAST CALL FOR UK PUNTERS and after a reasonable time, feel free to let it travel some more. Perfectly okay to work out whatever arrangement seems fair, on the shipping. Generally I think it is fair, when shipping internationally, for the recipient to pay shipping but do it like you feel it.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
What ever happen to the two GDs and balsa stop in this pass-around?

They got to the UK and then everything went quiet.

By this time, having passed through so many hands and shaved so many faces and been stropped on the balsa by so many different hands, I would expect the edges to be a bit off and the balsa to be loaded up a bit with swarf and so needing to be lapped again, and re-pasted, following the directions in the pasted balsa strop thread. When they left my hand so long ago, the razors were capable of near silent treetopping at 1/4" above my forearm. They may still be that sharp, or they might not, but they can definitely be returned to that level of sharpness, perhaps with a few laps on 1u film followed by .5u, .25u, and .1u diamond on balsa. From that point, .1u balsa alone ought to maintain them if done correctly.

I think you would find those two razors most interesting. Worth the cost of shipping to PI? Maybe. Your call. All I will say is I don't need them back. Wherever they land, that is where they be, and if nobody wants them, that is where they stay.

Reactions: Boz
Top Bottom