What's new

How do you organize your shaving gear?

Okay, if you're going to toss out a silly number like three, at least tell us what they are. Lol. What three soaps have you captivated?

My soaps are: Arko pressed into a bowl, Cella (kilo), Williams/Dove mix. My blades eventually will be Astra SP and Wilkinson Sword. Razors are are hard to part with:001_smile

My soaps are: Arko pressed into a bowl, Cella (kilo), Williams/Dove mix. My blades eventually will be Astra SP and Wilkinson Sword. Razors are are hard to part with:001_smile
Lol. I'm have trouble parting with soaps... Or even not adding more. You have a strong will, sir.

I've seen posts on the Williams / Dove. Tried Williams but wasn't a fan. Does the dove help it with slickness or cushion? I presume you are referring to the bar soap?

I keep my blades to two Gillettes (Nacet and 7o black), plus BICs for some soaps.

Razors I try to keep to a handful (4 currently, plus my 3 travel techs). Honestly, I could reduce those. I only travel once a year, lol.

Sounds like you have a good minimalist collection. I hope to be there at some point. [emoji846]

I'm not a fan of williams as well but I'm still keeping a couple for the collection sake. But I still have six pucks of that left so I'll probably let go the last four.

Lol. I'm have trouble parting with soaps... Or even not adding more. You have a strong will, sir.

I've seen posts on the Williams / Dove. Tried Williams but wasn't a fan. Does the dove help it with slickness or cushion? I presume you are referring to the bar soap?

I keep my blades to two Gillettes (Nacet and 7o black), plus BICs for some soaps.

Razors I try to keep to a handful (4 currently, plus my 3 travel techs). Honestly, I could reduce those. I only travel once a year, lol.

Sounds like you have a good minimalist collection. I hope to be there at some point. [emoji846]

The new Williams is not near as good as the Vintage, so I shave and mix 1 puck of Williams and Half bar of Dove and press into a bowl sprinkling a few drops of water to help compress and smooth. Dove comes in many scents. So far I've used Shea Butter, Cucumber and the mens bar. The mix gives me a long lasting hydrating fantastic lather just as good as Arko or Cella, if not better and the cost is a plus.
Razors I've sort of gone overboard at 52, but except for a few new razors, I have't spent more that $10 some for $3

The new Williams is not near as good as the Vintage, so I shave and mix 1 puck of Williams and Half bar of Dove and press into a bowl sprinkling a few drops of water to help compress and smooth. Dove comes in many scents. So far I've used Shea Butter, Cucumber and the mens bar. The mix gives me a long lasting hydrating fantastic lather just as good as Arko or Cella, if not better and the cost is a plus.
Razors I've sort of gone overboard at 52, but except for a few new razors, I have't spent more that $10 some for $3

Wow, you've done well... $10 as a top end is a good deal.

I will definitely pick up a puck of Williams and try that. 'As good as cella' is great results. Thanks for the tip. [emoji846]

IMG_0205 (2).JPG IMG_0201.JPG IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0204 (2).JPG

I got tired of all of my hardware being in cardboard boxes so I went to IKEA and bought a FABRIKÖR. It cost as much as my second car (old guy).

Posted these in another thread not long ago.

20190519_231735~2.jpg

20190519_231751~2.jpg

20190519_231856.jpg

20190519_231907~2.jpg

20190519_231941~2.jpg

The shelves I made from 1x6 pine and very sturdy shelf hardware from Lowes. Used a router to give them a finished edge and applied alternating coats of linseed and tung oil. I prefer penetrating oils rather than stains and surface coatings.

The razors are in toothbrush holders, also from Lowes. I remain at a loss as to why any family would want to store their toothbrushes like this, though.

I have a 2 shelf wall cabinet with a cubby hole at the bottom bowls go in the cubby hole soap balms after shave and blades gon in the cabinet.

For blades and brushes:
A0B01D6E-896B-4A4A-91BD-8E0002DA52EE.jpeg BE87850D-942D-4CEE-A68E-91ACDCD848F0.jpeg C9DC3EE7-5BAC-4938-A4FD-A57325FFB836.jpeg
I also have a wall curio in my room for storing scuttles my vintage razors I collect brushes I’m not using and a small blade collection

I only keep my drying razor, brush and soap on the countertop. All the rest gets put back in its place. I have a drawer for soap/AS, a drawer for towels and bowls, and in the bathroom closet, I keep the rest of my brushes and razors. I also have a large box in there holding my blades, unopened soaps and AS, out of the boss’ view.

I make the razor stand by drilling some holes in a thick board, then coved out the side of it on a table saw to show the handles. I intended the nicer one of these to sit on the counter, but somewhere between design, cutting a test piece and cutting the final piece, I got enough razors to fill the both test and final. Then I got the 6c and the others see only occasional use.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I only keep my drying razor, brush and soap on the countertop. All the rest gets put back in its place. I have a drawer for soap/AS, a drawer for towels and bowls, and in the bathroom closet, I keep the rest of my brushes and razors. I also have a large box in there holding my blades, unopened soaps and AS, out of the boss’ view.

I make the razor stand by drilling some holes in a thick board, then coved out the side of it on a table saw to show the handles. I intended the nicer one of these to sit on the counter, but somewhere between design, cutting a test piece and cutting the final piece, I got enough razors to fill the both test and final. Then I got the 6c and the others see only occasional use.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Those are pretty cool razor holders.

Thank you! I'd love to make another that can actually hold all my razors, but finding time around the kids is difficult.

I get that, I homeschool our three kids 10, 7 and 6 years old. And now that we are on summer break I am making a huge chicken coop.

From a meger collection of one vintage razor a puck of Williams and one Omega brush to this.
Wife is speachless.....but loves my clean shaven and soft face!
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom