What's new

Any Reviews on the GC open comb ?

I may have to give the Gamechanger OC a shot. Currently the GC .84 is the only DE I'm using. I also use three SE razors: RR Hawk, Gem MMOC and Suppy Injector. The GC provides a good shave and it's a pleasure to use, but my SE's shave a bit closer with the same daily 2 pass shave. If the OC shaves just a bit closer, it would be a real winner for me.

Are you saying that the RR Hawk is more efficient than the GC .84?

Are you saying that the RR Hawk is more efficient than the GC .84?
It is for me. Since I don't change my routine for different razors, my metric for efficiency is an assessment of the results of my normal two pass (with minor touchup) shave. The closer the shave, the more efficient the razor. By that measure the RR Hawk, the Gem MMOC and the Supply injector are all slightly more efficient than the GC .84.

I would think at least in theory the .84 OC would be more efficient than the .84 SB and JAWs should step it up a bit more than the .84 OC.

I ordered one up this morning.

The solid bar .84 Game Changer is one of my favorite razors... looking forward to adding the OC to my rotation.

Incredible value.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The Razor is here, it came with a nice little travel case . And I had a great mail call today, I actually was waiting on the front porch for the mail person to get here. I had a 2 Razors delivery today and the other Razor needed a signature.
So I put a fresh Med Prep in the .84 Game Changer Open comb and just did one side of my face one Time. It felt really good and I will do a complete shave off tomorrow with it.
The other Razor that came is on loan to me from very nice B&Ber and it was it's day to go solo . It was a 1.15 Titanium DC Wolfman
And I just had to get the full experience with this beautiful Razor.
I will post a complete review of that Shave in another thread later today.
But like I said the Game Changer Open comb
Felt really good and I didn't feel that it was more aggressive than the SB version at all very smooth .
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190718130903414.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190718130917122.jpg

5E3CAEA1-14A8-43D5-AC0D-76C83318509D.jpeg
I was torn between the OC and jaws so I ended up ordering both :blink: . I was looking for something more efficient than my 34c which I started with a year ago. Hopefully one or both work well for me. I just got it this afternoon and will shave a few times before sharing my opinion with you guys. I am pleased with the overall finish and appearance of the razor however, I have seen some complain of the quality and although I have never had a high dollar razor I think it looks well crafted.

This is my first post on the forum. I have looked over posts here before but figured it was time to join in on the conversation :a8: cheers

View attachment 1000032
I was torn between the OC and jaws so I ended up ordering both :blink: . I was looking for something more efficient than my 34c which I started with a year ago. Hopefully one or both work well for me. I just got it this afternoon and will shave a few times before sharing my opinion with you guys. I am pleased with the overall finish and appearance of the razor however, I have seen some complain of the quality and although I have never had a high dollar razor I think it looks well crafted.

This is my first post on the forum. I have looked over posts here before but figured it was time to join in on the conversation :a8: cheers

Interested to see which one you like better

View attachment 1000032

Welcome, Meatball! I’m glad you’re aboard. I’m joining you in hoisting a cold one (though mine is real).

I had my first shave with the oc this evening and wow, I’m coming from a 34c but that was much more efficient and quite a bit more aggressive. I was using a trig blade which aren’t my favorite so far but it’s what I had and arko which tends to dry my skin out I noticed. It was also my first time with an oc razor but I found it very easy to use no pressure as there is a good blade feel, the angle was easy to find, not a whole lot of audible feedback but 2 passes wtg/xtg left me just as smooth and 3 passes(wtg/xtg/atg) with the 34c. I did a third pass atg and only feel a little stubble left on my upper neck which is a difficult spot for me because of the direction of hair growth. The alum stung but didn’t have any visible irritation afterwards. Followed it up with witch hazel and cocoa butter and am very pleased. I will have to use it a few more times to really get a feel for it but first impression was good for me. I have to shave everyday for work so we will see if it can be a daily razor but I can’t really fathom a razor being significantly more efficient than this without being extremely aggressive. Any questions or feedback is welcome, this is my first time sharing my experience with a razor.

PS - used with rr bulldog handle which I liked the size of and my beard is very thick and course

I had my first shave with the oc this evening and wow, I’m coming from a 34c but that was much more efficient and quite a bit more aggressive. I was using a trig blade which aren’t my favorite so far but it’s what I had and arko which tends to dry my skin out I noticed. It was also my first time with an oc razor but I found it very easy to use no pressure as there is a good blade feel, the angle was easy to find, not a whole lot of audible feedback but 2 passes wtg/xtg left me just as smooth and 3 passes(wtg/xtg/atg) with the 34c. I did a third pass atg and only feel a little stubble left on my upper neck which is a difficult spot for me because of the direction of hair growth. The alum stung but didn’t have any visible irritation afterwards. Followed it up with witch hazel and cocoa butter and am very pleased. I will have to use it a few more times to really get a feel for it but first impression was good for me. I have to shave everyday for work so we will see if it can be a daily razor but I can’t really fathom a razor being significantly more efficient than this without being extremely aggressive. Any questions or feedback is welcome, this is my first time sharing my experience with a razor.

PS - used with rr bulldog handle which I liked the size of and my beard is very thick and course
Well done. My first experience with an OC razor was also very positive (a Karve).

Well done. My first experience with an OC razor was also very positive (a Karve).
The open comb gave me a much more intuitive feel to the shave, I immediately felt if my angle was off or if I was unknowingly using pressure. I think the open comb suites my facial hair well.

I'm still waiting on my Jaws to arrive (Monday). I use the R41 routinely but I'm really hoping that the Jaws is more efficient. Really hoping for something closer to the Karve OC with an E plate. I will share my thoughts once I'm able to take it for a spin around my face (and maybe my head).

Nice review!! Congratulations!! :a14::a14::a14::a14:

Top Bottom