What's new

Raised Flat Bottom family reunion

You know I think you are right, a waltz my be in order

Glenn
proxy.php

I was away for the last 10 days and returned to find this Milady waiting for me .It is fairly uncommon to see one of these and I think it is my only gold RFB . Bonus with the shipper and it looks like the razor had never been used , I like these ribbons on the Gillette cases and this one is pristine . Don't think I'll shave with it but it makes a nice addition to my RFB collection View attachment 873917

View attachment 873919

Glenn

Excellent, Glenn, simply excellent.

As noted in the acqusition thread I am starting my RFB journey now with the below Rotbart. My only other RFB experience so far is my beloved Hybrid Tech :001_wub:

But I am smitten with the looks of these beauties, not least the Gillettes, and I hope my technique is so much improved that I can manage these...

So - I am really curious to understand more about the shaving differences and caracteristics between the various RFB’s, mainly the Rotbart vs. the #88 vs. the #44. Have been studying the threads I could find but am not so much wiser... Any pointers and personal experiences? Are there differences in their level of aggression?

Also - as regards the plating, it seems that they are silver handles and nickel heads? - Or are there differences there too?

Thanks for feeding my curiousty - as I stand on the cliff, about to let my RAD yet again push me over into the abyss :wacko:

E0A30C26-5C6F-4EC8-A1BF-F62A4DE12B59.jpeg

Last edited:
I was away for the last 10 days and returned to find this Milady waiting for me .It is fairly uncommon to see one of these and I think it is my only gold RFB . Bonus with the shipper and it looks like the razor had never been used , I like these ribbons on the Gillette cases and this one is pristine . Don't think I'll shave with it but it makes a nice addition to my RFB collection View attachment 873917

View attachment 873919

Glenn

Wow - very nice!

As noted in the acqusition thread I am starting my RFB journey now with the below Rotbart. My only other RFB experience so far is my beloved Hybrid Tech :001_wub:

But I am smitten with the looks of these beauties, not least the Gillettes, and I hope my technique is so much improved that I can manage these...

So - I am really curious to understand more about the shaving differences and caracteristics between the various RFB’s, mainly the Rotbart vs. the #88 vs. the #44. Have been studying the threads I could find but am not so much wiser... Any pointers and personal experiences? Are there differences in their level of aggression?

Also - as regards the plating, it seems that they are silver handles and nickel heads? - Or are there differences there too?

Thanks for feeding my curiousty - as I stand on the cliff, about to let my RAD yet again push me over into the abyss :wacko:

View attachment 874087
I don’t notice any great difference between the #44, #77, and #88. I have a slight preference for the #44, as I can use the head on heavier aftermarket handles. I’ve never used a Rotbart, so can’t help you there.

Face it, your going to end up with one of each anyway!:a17:

I don’t notice any great difference between the #44, #77, and #88. I have a slight preference for the #44, as I can use the head on heavier aftermarket handles. I’ve never used a Rotbart, so can’t help you there.

Face it, your going to end up with one of each anyway!:a17:

Thanks guys, wonderful enabling at its finest :lol1: - Well, darn, ok then, let me get’em all!!

R

romsitsa

Hello,

Gillette RFBs are more efficient than a long comb NEW, the 77/88 being a tad better for added weight (imho).
Rotbart RFBs shave similar to Old types, have nothing in common with Gillette RFBs except the looks.

Adam

Rotbart RFBs shave similar to Old types, have nothing in common with Gillette RFBs except the looks.

Adam
I have the same observations - Rotbart is very close to OT.
NEW RFB is superior and adds better ballance along the weight.

What blades do you prefer in your RFB? I currently have Nacets, GSB, and 7 o'clock yellows in the stash.
All shoulld perfom excellent in NEW RFB.
It sounds you're all set.

Hello,

Gillette RFBs are more efficient than a long comb NEW, the 77/88 being a tad better for added weight (imho).

Adam
I have the same observations - Rotbart is very close to OT.
NEW RFB is superior and adds better ballance along the weight.

So glad to hear this. I no longer desire a Rotbart. Thank you.

View attachment 873919

Glenn

Beautiful! That case is really nice.

Top Bottom