What's new

Raised Flat Bottom family reunion

Wow, Paul, that is a very impressive collection of # 77s, # 88s, and 7 O'Clocks. One of them looks to be truly NOS. :thumbup1:

Do you have a favorite RFB?

Last edited:
Oops, forgot the step children.

$018.jpg$020.jpg$021.jpg

Wow, Paul, that is a very impressive collection of # 77s, # 88s, and 7 O'Clocks. One of them looks to be truly NOS. :thumbup1:

Do you have a favorite RFB?

They are all great shavers and I keep a 77/88, a Hybrid and a British NEW with after market handle in rotation. If I had to pick a favorite it would be the British NEW but only because I prefer the bigger after market handle. I think if I'm ever lucky enough to get a Big Fellow Chromium #20 , that would be my favorite.

Last edited:
Paul, showing off??

:lol:

Just being thorough, I don't even have some of the rarest models like,
1) Richwood #81 set
2) Big Fellow Chromium #20 set
3) NEW Travler #4 set

P.S. If anyone has one of the above or knows someone who does and might let it go, I have some serious trading stock and or money.

Last edited:
1) Richwood #81 set
3) NEW Travler #4 set

P.S. If anyone has one of the above or knows someone who does and might let it go, I have some serious trading stock and or money.

A very nice collection, sir. Congrats again!

1) Richwood #81 set
3) NEW Traveler #4 set

I have the Richwood # 81 and the Big Fellow # 20. Both of them are exceedingly rare. The fact that you are looking for them makes you a serious NEW addict (it takes one to know one).
Believe it or not, my favorite is the # 81. The weight and balance are perfect. But mostly I just use a heavy after-market handle with the Brit RFB head. It's magical.

I have the Richwood # 81 and the Big Fellow # 20. Both of them are exceedingly rare.

Yes I have spent some time lusting over your collection. I saw an #81 a couple years ago but I was way over bid on it and the only #20 I've come across had a missing tooth and or a split handle, don't exactly remember but I remember it was damaged. Have come pretty close on a couple Rotbarts but I'm not real serious about those. Actualy I bought a Rotbart that came in a package deal that looks kinda like an updated or differant version RFB. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.

How does the #81 compare to a New DeLuxe? Shave wise I mean.

Exactly what you would think it to be. The # 81 is a tiny bit smoother and (arguably) a tiny bit less aggressive.
BTW, the fact that the forum automatically assumes that every time I use the "#" sign, it must be a hashtag, is quite annoying.

The # 81 is a tiny bit smoother and (arguably) a tiny bit less aggressive.

If I recall correctly you are a fan of the Barbasol floating head like myself. I would put it in my top 3 and likely my top 2, of what I have tried I am hard pressed to think of a razor that better balances aggressiveness with smoothness. How would you compare the Barbasol with the 81?

If I recall correctly you are a fan of the Barbasol floating head like myself. I would put it in my top 3 and likely my top 2, of what I have tried I am hard pressed to think of a razor that better balances aggressiveness with smoothness. How would you compare the Barbasol with the 81?

"On the advice of my attorney, I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that the answer might tend to incriminate me."

I won't compare the Barbasol to the 81 (see above), but I will say that the Barbasol is an engineering marvel. Of the razors that are frequently hyped on B&B, the Barbasol FH is one of the few that, for me, lives up to its reputation. And the non-FH version, although milder, is pretty good, too.

Here is the recent addition to my humble collection:

Attachments

• $DSCN2768.jpg
    $DSCN2768.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 70
  • $DSCN2769.jpg
    $DSCN2769.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 67
  • $DSCN2771.jpg
    $DSCN2771.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 67
  • $DSCN2772.jpg