What's new

Raised Flat Bottom family reunion

Thanks guys! - I had the first shave with the nickel one just now. Never actually tried a shave with the 2-piece #77 before.

And it was a nice shave indeed. Had 2 days growth that just disappeared with ease, still for an open comb it is very forgiving. But what struck me the most was the balance and the grip on the handle. Really really nice, felt very easy and safe to swivel the razor during the shave, and the thin handle has awesome grip and is just a pleasure to hold. Delicate and sturdy at the same time. Very nice :001_wub:

Thanks guys! - I had the first shave with the nickel one just now. Never actually tried a shave with the 2-piece #77 before.

And it was a nice shave indeed. Had 2 days growth that just disappeared with ease, still for an open comb it is very forgiving. But what struck me the most was the balance and the grip on the handle. Really really nice, felt very easy and safe to swivel the razor during the shave, and the thin handle has awesome grip and is just a pleasure to hold. Delicate and sturdy at the same time. Very nice :001_wub:

Those are my favorite Gillette grips right down to the ‘54 Super Speed.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
(whistles an aimless tune; checks USPS tracking info one more time)

Hmmm ... RFB. So hard to score one.

Weight and balance HAVE to be good ...hmmmm .... must be something to it.

AA

(whistles an aimless tune; checks USPS tracking info one more time)

Hmmm ... RFB. So hard to score one.
Weight and balance HAVE to be good ...hmmmm .... must be something to it.
AA

You have something to look forward to! - The RFB’s are wonderful smooth shavers. My preferred OC for sure :001_tt1:

...Know the feeling of checking USPS - mine has reached Delaware by now. Still has to cross the pond... Hang in there, buddy!

Glad to see you too, Steve! Many thanks for your words, my friend!:001_cool:

Good to have you back JM!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You have something to look forward to! - The RFB’s are wonderful smooth shavers. My preferred OC for sure :001_tt1:

...Know the feeling of checking USPS - mine has reached Delaware by now. Still has to cross the pond... Hang in there, buddy!

Good to have you back JM!

Many thanks! ... and now, it's local ...

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator

...Know the feeling of checking USPS - mine has reached Delaware by now. Still has to cross the pond... Hang in there, buddy!OTE]

English NEW RFB in the house!

Weight in hand, balance are amazing. I like this.

Looks like a Single Ring, but better balance, perhaps, and an awesome SC/LC "rake" ...

Silver plate is impossibly good. A few flecks. Too shiny, obvious the antique store it came from polished it... Definitely silver. I have two rhodium razors, but my other silver razor is black...

Cannot call it until first shave, tomorrow... But I *think*, maybe, did good.

AA

Top Bottom