What's new

Doctor Who - Warning, Spoilers!

The dominant opinion on Twitter is that this outfit bears a striking resemblance to that of the rainbow stripes and suspenders of Robin Williams as Mork.

Troughton was rocking the suspenders long before Mork

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 17.38.45.png

If they're trying to make this character appear quirky, why do they always default to high-waisted trousers, bow ties and suspenders, hmmmm?

Quirky is as quirky does. Capaldi may be the quirkiest of all, and he could rock the velvet jacket as well as or better than Pertwee.

If they're trying to make this character appear quirky, why do they always default to high-waisted trousers, bow ties and suspenders, hmmmm?

Quirky is as quirky does. Capaldi may be the quirkiest of all, and he could rock the velvet jacket as well as or better than Pertwee.

Don’t forget the Fez because Fezes are cool....
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. That’s thinking outside the box. Long scarf? Check. Stalk of celery on the lapel? Check. Velvet jacket with ruffles, a cape and antique car? Check.

I'll stand still so you can shoot me after:

I was really wanting Clara to be the new Doctor! Loved her!

Even a small spin off, 'The Nurse' or something :a16:

Capaldi had it screwed from the start. Saw a nice article from the BBC a few years ago, that said that they had started a modernization/minority concept for doctor who. The idea that started with capaldis first season finale, was that the whole doctor concept was racist and racially insensitive.

They felt that the doctor should be an indian man or black woman. That is was too racist for the character to be white male every time. something "insulting" how the doctor always had black helpers who were clueless, but never white helpers who were clueless, and so forth.

SO capaldi never really had much to expect. Aside from the actress that played clara, the latest Doctor who series never eally had much going for it. sure it had larger then normal budgets, and more tech related episodes, but then again, a super large ancient fish god living in chains under the river thames was a tad better then the whole sam smith "prisoner zero" crap

Great episode. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Capaldi may be the best actor to play the role so far.
Going to take kids tomorrow to see it at the movie theater. Reclining seats! Popcorn! No ads! Well, I'm hoping on the latter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was really hoping for Bradley to be the new Doctor, but Potts was OK....I don't mind a female doctor, but with over processed , dry as a bone peroxide blond hair ?..no imagination...
docw.JPG

something "insulting" how the doctor always had black helpers who were clueless, but never white helpers who were clueless, and so forth.
While I agree that there's a somewhat disturbing trend I'd say Rose was quite the airhead at times and Martha was (usually) far from clueless. Unless you mean only the later seasons?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Saw a nice article from the BBC a few years ago, that said that they ... felt that the doctor ... always had black helpers who were clueless, but never white helpers who were clueless, and so forth.

On the whole, the helpers tended to be clueless. It's the necessary story-telling device ... you need a "Dr. Watson" for "Sherlock Holmes" to explain everything to, otherwise you just have two smart people walking around solving crimes or sci-fi mysteries in silence, in ways the audience has no clue about.

Occasionally "smart helpers" worked ... but normally when there was a clueless one as well who could still need the spoken explanation. (Best example: Dr No.2 and Zoe were both brilliant, but Jamie was a clueless "I don't understand" machine.)

Also, clever assistants have the annoying tendency to not wander off and get into trouble, to not randomly press big red buttons that under no circumstances should ever be pushed and cause trouble, and to not say the wrong thing to the wrong person and cause trouble.

Any attempts to have the Doctor travel only with a smart assistant (Liz Shaw, Romana #1) quickly ended or devolved back to "little girl lost" companions.

Christmas Special was one of the most beautiful episodes I've seen. Simply charming, moving and joyful.
Perfect goodbye to my favorite Doctor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom