What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

And one I’ve wanted for a long time. One of those at least semi Grail razors.View attachment 829474View attachment 829475View attachment 829476View attachment 829477
Gillette’s first TTO, the 1934 Aristocrat. I know it was used, as the blades are aftermarket, but other than that it’s hard to tell. Definitely NOT cleaning this one!

A boy and his first Aristocrat. It’s a beautiful thing.

That is one truly beautiful piece of functional art, congratulations.

I have been hunting a cased one and a cased NEW Deluxe...the hunt continues.

Today's find. A '57 SS and another birth year E1 Fatboy. No apparent plating loss on ether one. Here is the before clean up pic.

2017-10-16 19.11.55.jpg

Thanks Kevin. Did you ever find the British Aristocrat you were looking for?

I did, it was my one agreed upon purchase after selling most of the Motherload stuff. Wow, just realized I never posted any pictures of it!
1FEB7449-4E2E-4FD1-8C8B-F1C1265F81AD.jpeg
C0820234-B6C9-4F4C-8765-F679CA8DC6D9.jpeg

6A434AC4-4BFC-4299-9C2D-A713DE5EF103.jpeg

It was hard to spend more than $40 for a razor; it now holds the position of most expensive razor in my rotation. Despite that, I am really enjoying the shaves.

And one I’ve wanted for a long time. One of those at least semi Grail razors.View attachment 829474View attachment 829475View attachment 829476View attachment 829477
Gillette’s first TTO, the 1934 Aristocrat. I know it was used, as the blades are aftermarket, but other than that it’s hard to tell. Definitely NOT cleaning this one!

You got it!! looks like it's mint! Oh and you can clean it. I've cleaned all of mine. Just use some scrubbing bubbles and a very soft toothbrush or just let it soak for a few minutes in it and then use a Q TIP. I've done it both ways on all my Aristocrats and they come out real shinny. Oh then I use a little mild soap and water to get the SB off.. So happy for you my friend as I know you've wanted one and that #34 was tops on your list.
It is a holy Grail razor in my opinion. Especially the ones with Teeth! Congrats Mark! :jump:

Beautiful razor! I know that some use Lemon Juice to shine their gold plated razors. It’s just acidic enough to break down and light soap scum but not enough to remove that thin plating. Plus it comes out smelling lemony fresh!!

Gillette Pre War Tech.
I can go ATG with this razor but I can’t with my EJ D89 without irritation. I don’t know if it is because it is easier to handle because of the handle being shorter or the weight being lighter. Or maybe the Blade Exposure? Anyway, today was my first shave with this beauty.
1F4900C3-30E2-47AB-8D95-22E34000AD67.jpeg

It is beautiful! Excellent condition, congrats!

They are nice shavers (a bit mild?).

Top Bottom