What's new

Colonial Razor

Nope, too many digits!!:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

That happened to me, I believe I tried to create an account and it wouldn't let me pick US as the country. I purchased as guest and then created an account at the end when asked.

I still haven't received my shipping confirmation email yet though. I received the first email.

So you are saying they have a more aggressive feel than the Feathers?

Absolutely Ron! Took me by surprise. It has been a long time since my face felt raw all over during the shave, and a lot of heat with the AS splash. The burn didn't last long, so I feel sure I can adjust. A very close shave.

Absolutely Ron! Took me by surprise. It has been a long time since my face felt raw all over during the shave, and a lot of heat with the AS splash. The burn didn't last long, so I feel sure I can adjust. A very close shave.

I hope I don't regret buying these. I'm really quite happy with my Feather Pros.

You are experimental... Can't fool a man from Lowell[emoji41][emoji112]

Who is from Lowell?
I am kind of experimenting with these blades. I found the Feather Super Pros to be more blade exposure than I needed. I had to be extra careful when I used them. I ended up giving them away.

Fall Reve? Had family friends from the old country there.
Re: Lowell... I packed my bags in '76, left Lowell and explored other places...

Proline Shave 2 with the Brass General. Definitely more blade than a Prosuper for me, smoother than shave #1 - which I will chock up to the El Jefe / Proline combo.

EMS shipping my be expensive, but it definitely is fast. I received shipping confirmation on June 14 and the blades arrived yesterday (June 19). And that includes sitting in Los Angeles for a day waiting to clear US Customs.

I tried one in an aluminum General this morning. Great shave, very smooth and close, but I can't say that it felt much different than a new Feather Pro - maybe a little smoother.

I'll need to do a side by side comparison using two identical Generals before making up my mind.

I'm also looking forward to trying one in my Cobra Classic.

--Bob

EMS shipping my be expensive, but it definitely is fast. I received shipping confirmation on June 14 and the blades arrived yesterday (June 19). And that includes sitting in Los Angeles for a day waiting to clear US Customs.

I tried one in an aluminum General this morning. Great shave, very smooth and close, but I can't say that it felt much different than a new Feather Pro - maybe a little smoother.

I'll need to do a side by side comparison using two identical Generals before making up my mind.

I'm also looking forward to trying one in my Cobra Classic.

--Bob

I bought some schick proline when i was in osaka from tokyuhands.

I find them milder than a feather pro. I think they are good for someone who finds the feather pro blades too aggressive.

Longevity is comparable but to me the feather pro are better.

By comparaison i find them better than any kind blades which i don't get along with.

As always YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Bob

I'm glad to hear this. For awhile I thought I made a mistake ordering them. I don't need a more aggressive blade.

Anyone know the threading on the brass General? I am looking for another handle for it and want to be sure it fits.

Will the ATT handles fit on it?

What I really need is the threading they use.

Anyone know the threading on the brass General? I am looking for another handle for it and want to be sure it fits.

Here is the answer from Colonial razors. The threading is M5 x 0.8.

Hope this helps someone looking to find handles to fit.

I believe the 10-32 thread will work nicely. Mine does. BTW, did you get the PM I sent to you about a brass handle.

I finally got my hands on the aluminum version, and all I can say is WOW! This razor is awesome. Really nice comfortable, close shave without any irritation or weepers. I think I finally found my favorite SE razor that uses the AC type blades.

Top Bottom