What's new

(Dumb?) AC Razor Shaving Angle Question

Being a relative newbie to wet shaving, something just occured to me ... since most AC razors (Vector, Romulus, RR Hawks, etc.) angle the blade downward to begin with, is maximum efficiency obtained using a steep shaving angle? I've always used SE razors just like DE razors as far as a neutral ca. 30 degree angle ...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Being a relative newbie to wet shaving, something just occured to me ... since most AC razors (Vector, Romulus, RR Hawks, etc.) angle the blade downward to begin with, is maximum efficiency obtained using a steep shaving angle? I've always used SE razors just like DE razors as far as a neutral ca. 30 degree angle ...
With my Claymore Evolution and ATT X1 AC Slant, I use a slightly steeper than neutral angle, I think..... but with my La Faulx, it prefers a shallower angle. I doubt there is a single angle that works for all AC razors, but that's me. I try to let the razor clue me in to the best angle by feel first of all... and sound, when appropriate.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Only one way to find out and that is use both angles in different shaves or shave half your face riding the cap & other side riding the bar and that will kind of give a person a idea what angle works the best. Do a feel test hours later, your fingers will tell you what the results are guaranteed !
When riding the bar a shorter handle will help in a few areas like the lower neck and chin areas IMO.

Last edited:
I go back and forth between my AC razors (Vector, Claymore, and ATT X1) and my various DE razors. I don't consciously employ a shaving angle. Like Phoenixkh, I let the razor tell me what angle feels, sounds, and works best. Once you've used a razor enough, you'll know what angle works for you.
Happy Shaves

Top Bottom