What's new

Colonial Razor

I got my Schick Prolines in today and shaved with one. It is a very smooth blade. So far it is the smoothest blade I have ever used.

A side note here, Colonial Razors have lowered the price on the brass General again. You can now get it for just $59.99. This is a real bargain. If you don't own one, now is the time to make your move.

A side note here, Colonial Razors have lowered the price on the brass General again. You can now get it for just $59.99. This is a real bargain. If you don't own one, now is the time to make your move.
Crap I paid almost that for my aluminum model a few weeks ago. I should have been more patient.

Oh man, and I had thought I just talked myself out of this one.

I just got the brass one about 3 weeks ago and I thought it was a good price at $89.00. Maybe I'll get one for my son at that price. I really like the shave I get from the general. Also I sent them an email asking about the black Aluminum model and here is the email I got back.
Hi, Frank, and thank you for your compliment. We aim to sell more of these brass razors and then will get a batch of black aluminums hopefully in another 2-3 months. The price will be increased $20. We hope to earn your business again and enjoy the brass!

Regards,

Kirk
"

I just paid $89 one week ago from the Brass General. Somehow feels wrong.

Saturday I should have it.

On another note, just picked up two packs of Schick Proline blades from Japan. The price of the blades was good. The shipping not so much. But if I like them a lot, I'll order 5 or 6 packs next time using their slow shipping method. It makes the blades very reasonably priced if I can get at least 4 or 5 shaves from them.

Been thinking of buying a more grippy brass handle for it. Going to wait and see what I think of what comes with it. But thinking I will want one, I searched high and low and found nothing. Then today I got lucky and found this etsy store: Custom made SE Single or DE Double razor handles, made to order for you!

They have Naval Brass that they will custom make in about a week to your specs. It costs a bit but if I decide to get one, it will make a wonderful match for my brass General. I just dislike non grippy handles.

Using my aluminum head General on an ATT Colonial handle gives me a very good shave using Feather Pro blades. I get good shaves on Kai Pink blades too but I only get about 4 before having to change the blade.

I'm excited to do my first shave on the brass General. Now I feel like I overpaid though. But I'm sure I'll love it.

I just paid $89 one week ago from the Brass General. Somehow feels wrong.

Saturday I should have it.

I'm excited to do my first shave on the brass General. Now I feel like I overpaid though. But I'm sure I'll love it.

You should not feel bad. I paid the $99.99 price and the way I look at it is, I got it for a fair price and it was worth every penny. Now they are selling for a better price but that doesn't change the fact that I got a nice razor for a reasonable price.

You should not feel bad. I paid the $99.99 price and the way I look at it is, I got for a fair price and it was worth every penny. Now they are selling for a better price but that doesn't change the fact that I got a nice razor for a reasonable price.
Yes of course. And I got it for $10 less than my friend. I know I'm going to be happy with it, as I said. But it doesn't feel good that it went down $30 before I even have it in my hands. Perhaps it's just me, but seems to lower the value of what I bought, even though the enjoyment will be the same. I'm sure others will feel the same.

"I just paid $89 one week ago from the Brass General. Somehow feels wrong."

IT's been more tan a week but I paid $99.00 + shipping.

"It makes the blades very reasonably priced if I can get at least 4 or 5 shaves from them."

You'll get many more shaves than that

"The price of the blades was good. The shipping not so much."

You can also get these blades at "Try A Blade".

"I just paid $89 one week ago from the Brass General. Somehow feels wrong."

IT's been more tan a week but I paid $99.00 + shipping.

"It makes the blades very reasonably priced if I can get at least 4 or 5 shaves from them."

You'll get many more shaves than that

"The price of the blades was good. The shipping not so much."

You can also get these blades at "Try A Blade".
Good deal. Everyone said that Kai pink get more shaves than Feather Pro, but not for me somehow. They are definitely smoother though. I can get 8 - 10 from a Feather Pro. But I'm excited to get these new blades to try.

I paid something like $9.90 for a pack of 30. Try A Blade cost far more I believe. Two packs (60 blades) should last awhile. :)

Hi, Frank, and thank you for your compliment. We aim to sell more of these brass razors and then will get a batch of black aluminums hopefully in another 2-3 months. The price will be increased $20. We hope to earn your business again and enjoy the brass!

Regards,

Kirk
"
This response is somewhat confusing to me. Last message I saw was this last run on the brass was to be the last, but are they raising the price $20 on the next run of brass or the aluminum? I don't think sales will fair very well at $80 for the aluminum version and think they will be pricing it out of what people are willing to pay.

Don't get me wrong as I love my black aluminum version but don't think I would've paid more than the $60 that I paid for it... I would've passed at $80 for sure...

This response is somewhat confusing to me. Last message I saw was this last run on the brass was to be the last, but are they raising the price $20 on the next run of brass or the aluminum? I don't think sales will fair very well at $80 for the aluminum version and think they will be pricing it out of what people are willing to pay.
Don't get me wrong as I love my black aluminum version but don't think I would've paid more than the $60 that I paid for it... I would've passed at $80 for sure...

Yes they are saying they will no longer make the brass razor but the cost for the black aluminum is such that they had to raise the price. I think it is worth it. Most good aluminum razors go for $100. I believe that's what ATT gets for their aluminum razors.

I'm kind of with you on that for two reasons. Although I really like my Brass I'm kinda upset that I just paid more only two weeks ago but that's happened before in clothing stores for example but I also agree if the Aluminum version which probably gives the same shave as the brass goes up to $80 well then there are other new SE razors coming out I'm looking to possibly add to my collection that may be more money but justified as they are SS. In fact I just got an email from Blackland about the release of their new Gem type of SE coming out soon.

First of all, most all stainless steel razors cost at least $160. Second you can't compare a Gem type razor to an AC type razor. Not everyone wants a Gem razor for $190. or more.
The reason they are raising the price on the black razor is the treatment cost more than they had planned. They said this when they first released it awhile back. They will sell because it is still a good deal.

Top Bottom