What's new

What do you drive?

$IMG_0206.jpg

2011 Porsche Cayman S

'01 Audi S8 - AKA: The Transporter. Size, strength, stability, and rarity to boot. Looks as good as the day it rolled off the assembly line when I bought it a couple years ago.
proxy.php

proxy.php

~B

'91 Cherokee Limited.

Newest car I've ever owned. Cost me $450, and I've spent $100 in repairs during a year of ownership. It has the most dependable, most reliable engine ever put in a production vehicle: An AMC 242 I6. The vehicle has well over 100,000 miles, and I fully expect it will see more than 300,000. It goes anywhere I could possibly want it to go, it has more than enough power to spare, and it gets excellent gas mileage (I put in gas about every month and a half). It's rotted out pretty bad, but that's another good reason to have it up here in the land of salted roads; I don't worry about it rusting.
I get lots of comments from people: About 25% complain that it's old, rusty, and to them ugly. The other 75% want to buy it. (yes, honestly, people are always trying to convince me to sell it to them).

The only bad things about it are 1) it has aluminum wheels, so I have to put air in the tires regularly; 2) it's fuel-injected, so sometimes it has a hard time starting; 3) it was assembled by Chrysler and has those pentagrams all over it.

Currently a 2000 Nissan Frontier. I like it, and I'm sad to see truly compact trucks going away.

First car I ever owned was a '68 Saab 96. Identical to this one. I put it in here because it was such a great car---I wish I was still driving it!!! 35 mpg (it had a V-4 engine with a 4-speed on the tree!). Man...gas was about $ 0.41/gallon...two bucks and I could drive this thing forever! Super agile (especially on ice), fun, and built like a tank...
proxy.php

Last edited:
2011 Nissan Maxima. Yes, I actually like the CVT. I feel the late great LJK Setright would approve. It's scary fast, comfortable, handles great, and practical enough for family duty.

Happy shaving,

Patrick

Top Bottom