What's new

Revisor

Unfortunately, despite the info on the homepage, Revisor still will not ship to the US. Do any of our Canadian friends know if they will ship to Canada? Failing that, will they sell to a US citizen, saving the VAT and ship to an address in Europe?

There must be some way around this conundrum...

Has anyone ever thought of a group buy?

Not only do they not sell to the U.S. they do not acknowledge the order. I placed an order and never heard from them. I had to find out on this forum that they do not sell to the U.S. Man, that is rude! I have found other places to spend my money.

Not only do they not sell to the U.S. they do not acknowledge the order. I placed an order and never heard from them. I had to find out on this forum that they do not sell to the U.S. Man, that is rude! I have found other places to spend my money.
Same happened to me, BUT, the proprietor's wife did send an e-mail to cancel the order. I just don't understand this..

Unfortunately, despite the info on the homepage, Revisor still will not ship to the US. Do any of our Canadian friends know if they will ship to Canada? Failing that, will they sell to a US citizen, saving the VAT and ship to an address in Europe?

I have bought few times from them directly. I communicate with Sabine, I presume that's the proprietors wife, directly and she is pretty responsive to emails. Not sure why but 2 of her emails have gone to the junk mail folder so make sure to check that.

Regarding the VAT. I have the razors shipped to Greece so yes, I have to pay the VAT. On all purchases she has given me a 10% discount per razor on the price that included the VAT so that has been nice. You also get charged 5% for PP fees, shipping is free.

I have bought few times from them directly. I communicate with Sabine, I presume that's the proprietors wife, directly and she is pretty responsive to emails. Not sure why but 2 of her emails have gone to the junk mail folder so make sure to check that.

Regarding the VAT. I have the razors shipped to Greece so yes, I have to pay the VAT. On all purchases she has given me a 10% discount per razor on the price that included the VAT so that has been nice. You also get charged 5% for PP fees, shipping is free.
Yes Sabine..

I've dealt with Revisor a number of times in the past, pre-pandemic, and been well pleased. I have relatives in the UK, so we'll see, but VAT is 19%.
I must think on it..

I tried to order some time ago and was told they don’t ship to the US. I’ve had their razors in the past and they were quite nice. But personally I wouldn’t spend the extra to pay vat and shipping twice.

A lot of nice razors to choose from now days.

I tried to order some time ago and was told they don’t ship to the US. I’ve had their razors in the past and they were quite nice. But personally I wouldn’t spend the extra to pay vat and shipping twice.

A lot of nice razors to choose from now days.
Yes, that's the conundrum..

Reactions: Wid
Something in Revisior’s policies changed during the lockdown, can’t say what exactly but I was trying to do business with them during that time and all of a sudden all communications stopped. Then, Recently, I was told they would ship but it would take up to 4 months for delivery. I cant deal with the wait so I’m done.

Revisor is not as much talked about as maybe three years ago.

Their responsiveness leaves a quite bit to be desired. When I inquired about three razors I never got a reply and I took my business somewhere else…

I fail to understand what you mean by “sell to a US citizen, saving the VAT and ship to an address in Europe”.

US citizens are not VAT exempt.

For shipments to customers within the EU the seller would in principle have to charge the VAT of the country where he is shipping the goods to.

Shipments to customers outside of the EU are in principle VAT exempt.

If a customer who can prove that he resides outside of the EU makes an in person purchase, the seller can issue a Customs receipt (alternatively a so-called VAT cheque) and when the customer is leaving EU territory he can ask Customs to certify that the goods have left EU territory. For this Customs may want to see the goods. The buyer can then send the stamped receipt back to the seller who will refund (part or all of) the VAT. For VAT Cheques, you can collect the money at the airport, but the processing company will keep approximately ⅓ of the VAT as fee.

In case of Revisor I would just move on…
We should respect when a seller just can’t be bothered. :sneaky2:

B.

Last edited:

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
For me, the logic goes like this: Is there something that they have that’s worth paying VAT and double shipping, and shipping isn’t cheap these days. Plus bothering a friend to re-label it etc, etc. For me the answer is ‘No’, they don’t have anything that special.

For me, the logic goes like this: Is there something that they have that’s worth paying VAT and double shipping, and shipping isn’t cheap these days. Plus bothering a friend to re-label it etc, etc. For me the answer is ‘No’, they don’t have anything that special.
I've got a Revisor that shaves very nicely, and thought to add another, but I think your logic is infallible.

Last edited:
Just FYI. The prices listed already include the VAT. It's not like the US where you get the sales tax added as you are checking out.

Plus they give 10% discount so I ended up technically paying 10% towards the VAT. If I get anything from eBay/Etsy I get hit with a 7% sales tax even if the stone or razor is coming from abroad.

Shipping in the EU was free so I will only pay for shipping from Greece to the US.

And yeah, it was a rather rare razor, NOS.

What piqued my interest was the offering of finished razors without scales.. perfect to send off to Alfredo for some Kirinite. And the razor could be had, without VAT and with flat rate shipping, at a pretty good price. Add the fact that I had never seen a "Canadian Point.." I know it's just a square point with a well rounded tip, but it looked nice to me.

Honestly it makes zero sense that they can't ship via DHL directly to the US. It would save us the VAT and if you bought couple razors it would easily offset the cost of shipping.
Yes, It makes no sense! Particularly since others from that part of the world ship here with successfully. Koraat and Aust in particular. Yes, we in the East have to wait a bit while items clear customs at the NY/NJ POE, but IMO that's OK. I see other items I'd like to buy also.. but....
I just wonder what caused this seemingly knee jerk reaction.

Honestly it makes zero sense that they can't ship via DHL directly to the US. It would save us the VAT and if you bought couple razors it would easily offset the cost of shipping.
DHL is a great idea!

I just sent Sabine a note suggesting that. I'll post the response here..

Top Bottom