Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Arko
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (8)
ASL: Reuzel

A good shave. :biggrin:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Hey all!

The weekly SOTD thread for next week is now up and the theme is Single Edge razors.

Please post your SE setups and any pics in this thread as well if you would be so kind.

Thanks!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
OCTober

Tonight’s luxury shave
Gillette Old Type
Permasharp Super (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Simpson Wee Scot 13mm badger brush
Pre-shave: no
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel cream

Tried two changes tonight. Train’s miles from the rails, now. First, retired the blade that was used twice a year ago and once more last night. Also started steep.

After a few strokes, it was back to shallow angle aided with holding skin tight and it was mostly event-free shave, but a bit time consuming. I’ll come back to this artwork when I get better at shaving.

Date:03.10.2022
Focused participations:03/31 Days in GRUME
276/276 in 365 days of shaving (100%)
03/31 OCtober
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Shave of the Week Society (on hold)
Razor:Gillette NEW FB
Blade:Tiger Platinum (1)
Brush:DVH Synthetic
Soap:TGS Sea Citrus
Bowl:Proraso
Preshave:Cold splash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Cold face wash
Chanel Allure (Balm)
Passes:WTG (Gillette Slant) | XTG (Gillette Slide) | ATG (usual)
Efficiency:8/10 (20 minutes)
Quality:10/10 (Clean)
Comfort:7/10 (some rougher strokes)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)

Continuing OCtober with my NEW Flat Bottom and a fresh Tiger blade. A nice and comfortable shave with rougher experiences around the chin and under the chin areas. Nice finish and feeling very fine.

Ponderings about today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11952479
AAE961DC-3644-43FA-9548-DBA92FC5BD6A.jpeg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Vintage 1980s Fatip
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Soap: Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Cheshire (Splash)
031_01_20.jpg

My shave was quite good using my Vintage 1980s Fatip. It was very close. There is a lot more audio feedback than with mk2 Fatips. Even with mk1 Fatips. It has a thinner head than either. It feels closer to early Gillette razors even though the head is not that thin. Blade feel is not that hard to maintain. There is a lot of it. It is also very smooth. Where the mk2 beats it is in blade rigidity, hence the increased audio feedback with the vintage Fatip. Overall this is a great razor, perhaps my favorite. Barrister and Mann Cheshire soap and splash is fantastic! It's a hidden gem in my soap collection. It's like bathing in Earl Grey tea!

Top Bottom