What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile Cr
Blade: New Lord Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
035_23.jpg

My second shave of the week was smoother than with 72 hours of growth. More blade feel means a closer shave. It was not as smooth as my Gentile Piccolo with the wider cap. The aftershave splash had more feedback while applying it. This puts either of the two ahead of the other. I'm trying to determine if I like closeness and feedback with aftershave better, and does having a bit of sting make for a better shave? If smoothness is the goal the Piccolo Gentile wins. If closeness with more sting is the goal my Testina Gentile wins. This science stuff is hard.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (3)
038_23.jpg

I had a great shave today. All is well. I'm still torn between which razor is my all-time favorite. May I have two all-time favorite razors? How about 35+ absolutely the best all-time razor and my one and only go-to?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (4)
042_23.jpg

I'm still enjoying this kit, so I'm continuing. Do you know how I know what my favorite razor is? I know it when I use it!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (6)
032_23.jpg

I shaved with this same kit this morning. It was nice and smooth. The New Lord Platinum on shave 6 was very smooth. Then I realized it was September. That means somewhere around these parts it's Slantember. This means I'll be switching out my favorite razor for my new favorite one.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Gentile
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Soap: Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle
Aftershave: Stirling Pharoah's Dreamsicle (Splash)
032_01_4_21.jpg

I had a nice comfortable shave today. My Fatip Lo Storto is now officially my favorite Fatip I'm currently using. This is a big upset for the one I'm not currently using.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (1)
View attachment 1518071
I had a nice comfortable shave today. My Fatip Lo Storto is now officially my favorite Fatip I'm currently using. This is a big upset for the one I'm not currently using.
Now you know how my 'stang must feel.

~doug~

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (2)
036_01_21.jpg

I had another nice shave today It was closer than yesterday. I was reading Thom's page, (Slaps link to thread) You Can Fit So Much Wrong In This Jornal, about technique. I hear quite a bit of talk about it on B&B. In this case, he was talking about lather, and that when it is thicker the shave seems to be less close. I find all this talk about technique interesting. I may have to try it someday.

Last edited:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
You mean you’re not constantly overthinking, re-evaluating, and falling into sullen panics over every last step, @Raven Koenes ?

Like, why mentholated Pharoah’s Creamsicle splash and not glacial? Or why not order plain and spruce it up with menthol crystals yourself? Or why use menthol crystals when synthetic cooling agents like WS-23 are available?

Were you steep enough for optimum comfort?

Did you modulate stroke lengths for the same?

Why is “In the Dark” by Billy Squier my earworm instead of “The Stroke?”

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
You mean you’re not constantly overthinking, re-evaluating, and falling into sullen panics over every last step, @Raven Koenes ?

Like, why mentholated Pharoah’s Creamsicle splash and not glacial? Or why not order plain and spruce it up with menthol crystals" yourself? Or why use menthol crystals when synthetic cooling agents like WS-23 are available?

Yes but "Do You Know What I Mean?" by Lee Michaels.

~doug~

Raven Koenes

My precious!

Like, why mentholated Pharoah’s Creamsicle splash and not glacial? Or why not order plain and spruce it up with menthol crystals yourself? Or why use menthol crystals when synthetic cooling agents like WS-23 are available?

:yikes:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (3)
038_01_21.jpg

All is truly well in my shave world. I keep walking past the medicine cabinet and opening the door to look at my Fatip Lo Storto Gentile. It makes me want to burst out into song. Something like: Fatip Lo Storto Gentile, I love you! Fatip Lo Storto Gentile, I love you! Fatip Lo Storto Gentile, I love you! Oh, how I love you! Fatip Lo Storto Gentile, I love you! :001_tt1:

Top Bottom