What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Piccolo Gentile
Blade: New Lord Platinum (4)
Brush: Fatip-TGN Synth
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)

My wife is out, and I am lunging around. I thought to myself, "Why not shave?" I did. My shave was even better than Thursday. The Piccolo Gentile is my new favorite razor! I think I've found the "one!" :w00t:

Last edited by a moderator:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Piccolo Gentile
Blade: New Lord Platinum (5)
Brush: Fatip-TGN Synth
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
046_21.jpg

I'm enjoying this kit. The shaves are fantastic. The New Lord Platinum is as good as any blade out there. Life is good in my shave universe! :w00t:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
It's been a wonderful and sad week. My stepson got married on Wednesday. I didn't log that shave, busy day. His fiancé asked if I would walk her down the aisle. Her dad passed away a long time ago. That was wonderful. The sad is my wife's mom passed away yesterday. It's okay. It was time and she had Alzheimers. It's a blessing. Still, it was Janava's mom.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Fatip Gentile Cr/New Lord Platinum
012_20.jpg

Proraso Red Pre-Shave
021_18.jpg

De Vergulde Hand
023_18.jpg

Omega Evo Ovale (Best Brush in the Universe, still)
026_18.jpg

Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
029_1_16.jpg

I've switched some things up and am continuing on with others in this week's line-up. I have switched to my Fatip Gentile Cr. It's an early model with a smaller width 19mm cap. We'll see if Gentiles are still my favorite with the smaller cap. I also missed my Omega Ovale which is still the best brush in the Universe. The Dutchy soap De Vergulde Hand is still in. It's the subtle Tabac of Northwestern Europe. I love it! @Chan Eil Whiskers might like it too. It has a clean scent reminiscent of Tabac without the punch. He'd probably like that because deep down... I'm continuing with the New Lord Platinum because it is a pleasure to use. Cheers!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
It's been a wonderful and sad week. My stepson got married on Wednesday. I didn't log that shave, busy day. His fiancé asked if I would walk her down the aisle. Her dad passed away a long time ago. That was wonderful. The sad is my wife's mom passed away yesterday. It's okay. It was time and she had Alzheimers. It's a blessing. Still, it was Janava's mom.

Thats a roller coaster of a week. Sorry for your loss.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Raven,

Sorry to hear about you and your wife's loss.....

Congrats on your stepson's wedding and walking your soon to be daughter in law down the aisle.... Lots of mixed emotions going on, I'm sure.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Blessings and condolences, Rave.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
My Mother lost the last five of her 97 years to Alzheimer's. Condolences, Rave.

~doug~
Raven,

Sorry to hear about you and your wife's loss.....

Congrats on your stepson's wedding and walking your soon to be daughter in law down the aisle.... Lots of mixed emotions going on, I'm sure.
Thats a roller coaster of a week. Sorry for your loss.
Blessings and condolences, Rave.
Thank you so much for the condolences guys, and thank you Doug for sharing your own experience.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Testina Gentile Cr
Blade: New Lord Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
032_23.jpg

I had a great shave. The narrower cap did give more blade feel. The wider cap was slightly more rigid. The rigidity of the Gentile Piccolo made the New Lord Platinum a bit smoother. Still, the Lord blade performed great with the wider gap. I got a closer shave with the 19mm cap as compared to the wider 19.5mm cap. I'll see how the week goes. I'm thinking my Gentile Grande may just unseat my Gentile Piccolo as my favorite Fatip of all time. We shall see. There was no sting when I applied my splash. In Cal's world that would be a bit of a bummer. I have to admit, I miss that. :mellow:

Top Bottom