What's new

My Fatip, Joris, Schone, Collection and Journey 2018 and Beyond.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip il Piccolo Storto
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (5)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Soap: Tabac
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Figaro Monsieur Ambra (Splash)
031_28.jpg

My circle beard has come in nicely. The lines define its contours even with a week's worth of growth. This means I can go back to my sporadic three days a week shaving cycle. I'm happy about that, and today's shave was, oh, so close!

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (6)
019_28.jpg

This is my only back-to-back shave of the week. My next shave will be on Friday (usually Thursday). This gets me through the work week. It's my master plan to look presentable at work. My back-to-back shaves usually occur Mondays and Tuesdays. This week was off because of the holiday. I hid from the fireworks under a chair with my tabby cat. I didn't come out until it was over.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (7)
023_28.jpg

My Astra blade is smooth and sharp on shave seven. I have a refill of Tabac so I can go crazy loading it. This lineup is fantastic. Did I mention I have a Tabac refill?

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (7)
View attachment 1484830
My Astra blade is smooth and sharp on shave seven. I have a refill of Tabac so I can go crazy loading it. This lineup is fantastic. Did I mention I have a Tabac refill?
Is it tallow Tabac?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm sitting at home. My youngest daughter moved back. She came home from work with Gouda and White Claw Hard Seltzer. I'm eating slices of Gouda and drinking tangerine hard seltzer. Life is good.

I miss 'em but don't want 'em back except for visits.

Congratulations on enjoying her and her gifts. Life is indeed good, Rave.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Razor: Fatip Piccolo Gentile
Blade: New Lord Platinum (1)
Brush: Fatip-TGN Synth
Soap: De Vergulde Hand
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
037_21.jpg

It was nice using a Fatip again. I'm a big fan of Fatip OC's. It's going to take time to get used to the solid bar. I do like the lack of audio feedback that a rigidly clamped blade affords. The shave was much smother. It is gentler than the Fatip OC. The closeness of the shave was equal to the Progress on a setting of 2. The angle takes some getting used to. On the ATG pass, I couldn't go as steep as usual. The bar shape interferes with the blade contacting the skin using a steep angle. I have adjusted my technique accordingly in the past. There has been redness before trying to achieve the closeness of a Fatip OC. I didn't do that today. I just shaved. The result was a CCS. I need time with the Gentile before I offer any final judgment. I do have until OCtober to play with them.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: New Lord Platinum (2)
040_21.jpg

My shave was a carbon copy of yesterday's CCS shave. I love the smoothness of Fatips. I'm not as taken with the Gentile as the OC's. I'll keep using it and see what develops. I miss immediate efficiency.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Blade: New Lord Platinum (3)
043_21.jpg

I don't know what happened? I had an absolutely splendid shave today! Everything seemed to fire on all cylinders. I even went steep and it worked. Not as steep as an OC, but I did leave comb trails in my lather! It was not as close as my Fatip OC's, but it was a bbs with a dfs on my neck. It left my face smooth with zero irritation. If the gentile continues along this course it may become my favorite razor. It shaved as smoothly as a Gillette Post-War Tech but was more efficient. Happy shaves!

Top Bottom