What's new

How to increase your B&B participation (and post count)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Post count is just a number and it's meaningless really unless the post is of some content. I have very rarely posted in the "what's your shave" categories, tending rather to make posts throughout the forum on a wide variety of topics.
Who cares if you have a huge post count if they consist mostly of what razor blade you used today or are two or three word posts like "Welcome to B&B" over and over again.

Post count is just a number and it's meaningless really unless the post is of some content. I have very rarely posted in the "what's your shave" categories, tending rather to make posts throughout the forum on a wide variety of topics.
Who cares if you have a huge post count if they consist mostly of what razor blade you used today or are two or three word posts like "Welcome to B&B" over and over again.
Glad you posted this!
My thoughts exactly.
I'm on the forum to share and learn and not to get some prize. Last I checked, I don't get paid for post counts, Lol!!
I guess some people get a kick out of seeing big post count numbers. I could care less!
But that's just me!!

I often myself struggle with this.

When it comes to daily shaves post, I think some of us can benefit from doing so , I personally use it to reflect on my shave and see what went wrong and right, my last month of shave have proven to be great shave, right blade/razor/soap/AS combo, took a while to be there but finally happened.

One thing I have decided to stop doing is thumbs up ... this take away our ability to communicate even if it is a three word message

Being a movie and music lover, I really enjoy the TV Show, Movie, and What are you listening to threads. There's a few regulars whose taste align with mine and I follow them to find out if there's something out there that I have missed that I'd like to see or hear. I'm a slower reader and consequently don't get into the book thread as often. Also one that isn't mentioned is the poetry thread. It's not incredibly active, but poetry is an amazing artform and reading that thread can really expand my mind.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I often myself struggle with this.

When it comes to daily shaves post, I think some of us can benefit from doing so , I personally use it to reflect on my shave and see what went wrong and right, my last month of shave have proven to be great shave, right blade/razor/soap/AS combo, took a while to be there but finally happened.

One thing I have decided to stop doing is thumbs up ... this take away our ability to communicate even if it is a three word message
I don't think there's anything wrong with posting the daily shave stuff, sorry if I gave that impression.
I think that some find value in keeping track.
I meant it only in terms of running up a meaningless number.
Guys used to do the same before the "like" feature by posting "+1" or "This".
And again, that's an appropriate response from time to time, as is "Welcome aboard!".
But if half your post count is made up of those kinds of posts, perhaps a little introspection is due to see if maybe - just maybe, you're taking more than you're giving.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I don't think there's anything wrong with posting the daily shave stuff
I am not constantly buying gear and I am trying to use up what I have so I find myself a regular in blade PIFs and being an Excalibur member I find that adding up to a lot of posts. I also appear on and watch the 3017 thread and as a challenge to myself I decided to enroll in the 365 shaves in 2022 thread after playing along at home in 2021.
Finally someone has to correct all those poor lost souls who think Arko is a great shaving soap and not a stinky abomination.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Warning: Had multiple Cortisone injections. I'm tense, irritable and have a headache.

***Rant Mode On***

If you like to post your daily shaves, please continue to do so.

If you don't like to read what others are posting about their daily shaves, please ignore those threads.

If you like to use the "Like" button, please continue to do so.

If you don't like to use the "Like" button, please don't use the "Like" button.

We are all individuals with individual preferences. This is not a "zero sum" game where we all have to enjoy B&B in the same manner.

***Rant Mode Off***

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Warning: Had multiple Cortisone injections. I'm tense, irritable and have a headache.

***Rant Mode On***

If you like to post your daily shaves, please continue to do so.

If you don't like to read what others are posting about their daily shaves, please ignore those threads.

If you like to use the "Like" button, please continue to do so.

If you don't like to use the "Like" button, please don't use the "Like" button.

We are all individuals with individual preferences. This is not a "zero sum" game where we all have to enjoy B&B in the same manner.

***Rant Mode Off***

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. :)
Hope you feel better soon, David.

Yikes, doesn’t sound good.😰
I have a love hate a relationship with Cortisone injections. They seem to work well for me, too well. I begin to think I’m fine and I stir up the pain and I’m back to where I started. I’m currently dealing with an injured rotator cuff. I’ve decided that on my 4 mos eval I’m going to say no to a second shot. I’d rather have my body tell me immediately if I’ve pushed it too far. Meanwhile, various OTCs and rest, let nature take its course and hope that surgery is not necessary this time.
Get well soon!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Or an obsession....Kinda like those guys with a Karve CB razor who only use the OCD plate.
Someday I will be ahead of you my friend, but I'm much too lazy to do the necessary homework: like getting up early and bringing a lunch!

Top Bottom