What's new

Request to have the Clubs and Brotherhood sub-forum to count towards post count

As the title says I would like to request that the Clubs and Brotherhood sub-forum count towards our post count.

For myself specifically I have made quite a few posts in both the Henson as well as the Head Shavers threads that I think would count as high quality posts.

I normally wouldn’t care about my post count but I would like to be able to participate in the buy-sell-trade sub forum but don’t have the post count yet. I’ve met the time requirement a few months ago…just need the post count.

As the title says I would like to request that the Clubs and Brotherhood sub-forum count towards our post count.

For myself specifically I have made quite a few posts in both the Henson as well as the Head Shavers threads that I think would count as high quality posts.

I normally wouldn’t care about my post count but I would like to be able to participate in the buy-sell-trade sub forum but don’t have the post count yet. I’ve met the time requirement a few months ago…just need the post count.
Then I suggest you post more content into the main forums. There is plenty of scope for high quality posts to be made there.

It's a little strong, respectfully, to expect B&B rules to be changed for an individuals desire to access B&B's BST area more quickly.

I hope you take this post in the collegial spirit in which it was intended.

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Let’s everyone calm down a little bit.

@Largefarva there is a reason they don’t count, but honestly it’s been so long since the discussion was had to make it that way, I can’t remember what it is. Let me see if I can find it, or maybe one of the other mods will chime in.

Let’s everyone calm down a little bit.

@Largefarva there is a reason they don’t count, but honestly it’s been so long since the discussion was had to make it that way, I can’t remember what it is. Let me see if I can find it, or maybe one of the other mods will chime in.
I do understand why they don’t count. The majority of the posts in that subforum are just pics of what people used that day. I get it and completely understand. I was just making a request because I feel like I have made quite a few posts there that should definitely count as high quality.

With that all said, if you look at the people who post in that thread they are generally all long standing members of this forum that have made a ton of posts elsewhere.

I haven’t been wet shaving as an enthusiast for nearly as long as most people here so I don’t have a whole lot that I can contribute other than the Henson and Head Shavers thread. I don’t want to just post things in the sub-forums that count that might not have much substance to them just for the sake of achieving a required post count.

I was actually really considering just giving the razor away to someone that really wants it because I generally am a generous person and I really don’t have the need for the money from selling it. But I can’t even do that because I don’t have the post count yet.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I do understand why they don’t count. The majority of the posts in that subforum are just pics of what people used that day. I get it and completely understand. I was just making a request because I feel like I have made quite a few posts there that should definitely count as high quality.

With that all said, if you look at the people who post in that thread they are generally all long standing members of this forum that have made a ton of posts elsewhere.

I haven’t been wet shaving as an enthusiast for nearly as long as most people here so I don’t have a whole lot that I can contribute other than the Henson and Head Shavers thread. I don’t want to just post things in the sub-forums that count that might not have much substance to them just for the sake of achieving a required post count.

I was actually really considering just giving the razor away to someone that really wants it because I generally am a generous person and I really don’t have the need for the money from selling it. But I can’t even do that because I don’t have the post count yet.
Gotcha. At this point you’re only 19 posts away from being able to post in The BST. If you answer my post here, you’ll be at 18. The suggestion I would make is, for the time being, instead of posting in that sub-forum make your posts in the general discussion forum or the DE forum. I agree that the posts you have made have been good, quality, posts. Keep making them, just switch forums. Or, maybe posting other areas. Do you drink alcohol? There’s the speakeasy. Do you enjoy being outside or camping? Theres the great outdoors? Firearms enthusiast or hunter? Come see us in the shooting sports. There are plenty of other things to talk about than shaving.

If you want to give the razor away you can do a PIF at any time in any forum.

Fyi, posts don't count towards your post count total in here either. :facep:

I was around when the Clubs & Brotherhoods area was created. It was quite the shock to some who only posted in those topics and those threads were moved there. Their post counts went down significantly overnight.

Gotcha. At this point you’re only 19 posts away from being able to post in The BST. If you answer my post here, you’ll be at 18. The suggestion I would make is, for the time being, instead of posting in that sub-forum make your posts in the general discussion forum or the DE forum. I agree that the posts you have made have been good, quality, posts. Keep making them, just switch forums.

If you want to give the razor away you can do a PIF at any time in any forum.

They actually don’t count in this one either. Just my luck lol.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
They actually don’t count in this one either. Just my luck lol.
Doh! Your right. I was seeing your post count climb from other posts your making. Go look around at some of the non-shaving forums. I bet you’ll find you’re at 50 posts in no time.

@Whisky I do have to say thank you for actually giving reasonable responses to my posts.
Alum is one of our most respectful and thoughtful members when it comes to advise or encouragement..

The.resson it may have sounded like he assumed you wanted to gain access to sell is, that is what 99.864% members who ask about post counts or join dates are interested in.

Chalk it up to a minor misunderstanding.

Alum is one of our most respectful and thoughtful members when it comes to advise or encouragement..

The.resson it may have sounded like he assumed you wanted to gain access to sell is, that is what 99.864% members who ask about post counts or join dates are interested in.

Chalk it up to a minor misunderstanding.

Thanks for the explanation. I do see how my creation of this thread could be taken that way. I also realize that I might have over reacted to a certain degree, but I generally do not get accused of being a person that does anything nefarious because I simply am not someone who does things like that. So I tend to take things like that personally. But I do realize this is the internet and people aren’t necessarily on their best behavior when there is a level of anonymity involved.

To anyone who might have been offended by things I’ve said here I’ll offer my apologies.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I’m genuinely curious why the Clubs and Brotherhoods subforum doesn't count towards post count. Seems random.
For anyone who's curious.
Posts made at B&B that add up towards post count are those posts made in the core areas of the forum that have general appeal to the majority.
We have had members who posted primarily in one or two threads, directing their attention to topics which are very closed or of limited interest to the majority of the membership.
No post count there was initiated to prevent individuals from benefitting from a massive amount of posts in a limited scope area, rather than encouraging posts that benefit a larger audience. We are a discussion forum afterall.
This encourages those members to leave that area from time to time and generate content that is of interest to more members.
Members can post wherever they like, but having hundreds and hundreds of posts in a thread about one single brand or a particular type of equipment is not of the highest interest to most people.

Top Bottom