What's new

Gillette Nacet Lovers - Is there anything better?

For me and my face, the Gillette Nacet is the perfect blade, working equally well in my
Timeless Bronze, RazoRock Lupo .72, and Rockwell 6C (plate 4). A sublime combination
of sharpness, smoothness, comfort, and happiness ---- good for five shaves in each razor.

Nacet blades are comparable
with two other ,at least to my taste and experience.
They actually consist
my top "triad gang" !

All three of them have about equal durability .
Depending on prep,number of passes and if a certain ingredient
( "bentonite clay" aka "calcium bentonite aka Fuller's earth ) is included in the soap used ,they can provide me from five-six shaves up to nine-ten,
before their sharpness and comfort levels start to deteriorate .

I use only two razors .
The RR GameChanger .84 OC or the RR Lupo .95, depending on the stubble length to be shaven.

If I wish for slightly more sharpness than Nacets ,
then the choice would be
the "Made in India" Gillette
7 o'clock Super Platinum
( aka the "black ninja" ).
Comfort stands equal .

If I wish for something
slightly more comfy to use (and feel also) than the Nacets ,then the (modern)Wilkinson Sword
blades take their turn .
(weird thing with those is
that they tend to tug with
poor technique...as when you enter the wet shaving with a DE razor )
Still they are as sharp as the Nacets.

A very close match to the Nacets,regarding the sharpness to comfort ratio
are the Astra Superior Stainless blades.
But they seem to deteriorate sharpness-wise somewhat easier and earlier than
the Nacets.

As objective an answer can be ,
to a totally subjective query .

Last edited:
1645652173975.png

I haven't been able to try Uriel's blade yet...:c1:

For me, too. GSB seem slightly smoother, and slightly less sharp. They are my favorite all-around blade.

Another terrific example of "YMMV" when it comes to blades. As much as I am happy with the Nacet,
I couldn't get along at all with the SilverBlue. The GSB was never able to give me a comfortable shave.
I'm probably one of the few fellows here on B&B who doesn't like the GSB. Oh well, different strokes
(yes, notice the pun -- LOL !) for different folks. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Another terrific example of "YMMV" when it comes to blades. As much as I am happy with the Nacet,
I couldn't get along at all with the SilverBlue. The GSB was never able to give me a comfortable shave.
I'm probably one of the few fellows here on B&B who doesn't like the GSB.
I won’t say I don’t like them, they are very good, but I haven’t found the right application to justify my GSBs outright. To date, with my scoring of 17 blades so far, I have 5 or 6 blades which have performed better for me in a daily shave situation.

Nacet exclusively for my R41s, however my R89 seems a bit too tame with a Nacet for my typical 2+ pass shave.

Last edited:
I used one for the first time this morning and was very impressed. Two passes and BBS. Everything else has always taken 3 passes. I picked up several different blades from tryablade.com and the nacets were the first ones I tried out of my goodie bag from them.

"Gillette Nacet Lovers - Is there anything better?" ---​

Yes, just about anything.

After my less than stellar first and only shave with a Nacet I might be inclined to agree. I'll save total damnation for another time though. Maybe it'll work better in a different razor.

For me, the other blades that come close to Nacet are - Personna Lab Blue, Perma-Sharp, BIC Chrome Platinum and maybe Polsilver SI/Wizamet. There are sharper blades like Feather and smoother like Voskhod, but they lack other things and the Feather costs at least 2 times more and are not fit for my number one spot.

Razorock Game Changer .84P. At some point I'll probably try it with the .68 plate
I would be interested in reading your results. I'm planning on getting a Game Changer .84 as a go between of my Mühles.
The Nacet is not nearly as ideal in my R89 as in my R41s.

Which Nacets are you all talking about? I have a load of Nacet Stainless that I am about to PIF as I don't like them very much. I have a load of Nacet Platinums in similar packaging that are really nice blades. I also have some older Nacet Platinums in plainer white packaging that I am going to PIF. I also had a tonne of Nacets in red wrappers but I think I gave them all away to another member years ago.

Which Nacets are you all talking about? I have a load of Nacet Stainless that I am about to PIF as I don't like them very much. I have a load of Nacet Platinums in similar packaging that are really nice blades. I also have some older Nacet Platinums in plainer white packaging that I am going to PIF. I also had a tonne of Nacets in red wrappers but I think I gave them all away to another member years ago.
I’m referring to the SS in the purple and white tucks.

I guess I’m lucky in that they work very nicely for me in my .84 GC, Windsor Pro SB90, and my Mühle R41GS

Last edited:
Top Bottom