What's new

Gillette Nacet Lovers - Is there anything better?

Nacet is the best blade I've used.

Second favorite London Bridge.

I don't have a third that is worth mentioning.
I have a few blades I have not tried yet. Until I used the Personna Med Preps, BICs were my favourit. Have Nacet in the drawer. Would you say the Nacets are even better than the Meds? Difficult to imagine. My shaves with the Meds were so good, I dont think a shave could be more BBB 🤷🏽‍♀️

Eben Stone

Staff member
Would you say the Nacets are even better than the Meds?
Yes, but the razor + blade pairing is also something to consider. It's possible your razor and Meds are your best combination.

You might want to try the Nacet last. Otherwise you may loose interest in trying other blades.

All this stuff is very subjective. To add some perspective, I also like Dorco ST301, which is often mentioned in the "worst blades ever" threads.

Yes, but the razor + blade pairing is also something to consider. It's possible your razor and Meds are your best combination.

You might want to try the Nacet last. Otherwise you may loose interest in trying other blades.

All this stuff is very subjective. To add some perspective, I also like Dorco ST301, which is often mentioned in the "worst blades ever" threads.
There's a challenge...
Tonight is Nacet time.
I planned to use the Cryogene soap for the first time, but to be able to focus on the blade, I'll lather with my trusted Snake Bite. The Nacet will be loaded in my Yaqi Mellon.
Will get back to you soon 😎

There's a challenge...
Tonight is Nacet time.
I planned to use the Cryogene soap for the first time, but to be able to focus on the blade, I'll lather with my trusted Snake Bite. The Nacet will be loaded in my Yaqi Mellon.
Will get back to you soon 😎
@Eben Stone

I guess tonight prooves the idea that every face (and head) growth has it's own preferance concerning blades. The widely acclaimed Nacet turned out to be a disappointment for me. My high hopes crumbled after a few strokes. Out of respect for you I decided not to load a different blade and keep shaving. Three passes beard, three passes head. The Nacet tugged, left a lot of large stubble on my head after WTG than I'm used to and gave me some minor nicks. I got my desired BBB, but not as bald as I want it.
I would say that for me it shaves like a Voskhod. Good, but not excellent. Maybe I am spoiled by the Iridium, the BIC and especially the Personna Med Prep. Those give me a balder BBB and on top of that the Med Prep shaves like an angel, giving extreme BBB.
Happy for you the Nacet treats you better, one more blade that will not be in my regular usage.
Sorry I can't put it in a nicer way 🥴

@Eben Stone

I guess tonight prooves the idea that every face (and head) growth has it's own preferance concerning blades. The widely acclaimed Nacet turned out to be a disappointment for me. My high hopes crumbled after a few strokes. Out of respect for you I decided not to load a different blade and keep shaving. Three passes beard, three passes head. The Nacet tugged, left a lot of large stubble on my head after WTG than I'm used to and gave me some minor nicks. I got my desired BBB, but not as bald as I want it.
I would say that for me it shaves like a Voskhod. Good, but not excellent. Maybe I am spoiled by the Iridium, the BIC and especially the Personna Med Prep. Those give me a balder BBB and on top of that the Med Prep shaves like an angel, giving extreme BBB.
Happy for you the Nacet treats you better, one more blade that will not be in my regular usage.
Another example that all of the blade reviews, blade rankings and blade comparisons are fun to read but basically worthless.

Another example that all of the blade reviews, blade rankings and blade comparisons are fun to read but basically worthless.
Blades are that are inexpensive are inconsistent. That's what I am finding. Haven't had a dud feather and doubt I will gind a dud med prep nearly as often as I find them with others.
I have had a dud Bic. No way that's what that blade is supposed to and the same for GSB.
The difference in different GSB blades to me was very telling.
Voskhod was pretty consistent, but out of the 50 or 60 blades I used a good 10 were dull enough to be noticeable in difference.

Blades are that are inexpensive are inconsistent. That's what I am finding. Haven't had a dud feather and doubt I will gind a dud med prep nearly as often as I find them with others.
I have had a dud Bic. No way that's what that blade is supposed to and the same for GSB.
Voskhod was pretty consistent, but out of the 50 or 60 blades I used a good 10 were dull enough to be noticeable in difference.
This are numbers and observations I have never read here. I have no idea if you are correct. Have you heard/read others who agree? Anyway: it would only push me harder towards the decision that's lurking to use the Med Preps all the time. Feather, btw, is a no go for me. Not for the price, I care not about that. Feathers wouldn't last a full beard and head shave for me.

Eben Stone

Staff member
@Eben Stone

There's nothing wrong with experimenting. The more blades you try that underperform the Meds, the more confirmation you have that the Meds are the best blade for you. Nacet, IMO, is a good blade to test because of how many members have reported having great success with them.

its been mentioned here a few times and cant stress the importance enough. Blade pairing is as important as the blade itself at times. Some blades work well in any razor but some blades need to be paired with the right razor.

nacets for me were an ok blade, not good enough to purchase more of but they were ok. Paired in a lupo 72 have come to be my favourite blade in that razor so much so i went out and bought few hundred blades. Another good example is the BIC, I absolutely hated this blade and had tried it in a few razors.

Read a topic where there were amazing in the Rocca V4, so i had to try them for myself. This pairing was so good I purchase 400 of them :)

its been mentioned here a few times and cant stress the importance enough. Blade pairing is as important as the blade itself at times. Some blades work well in any razor but some blades need to be paired with the right razor.

nacets for me were an ok blade, not good enough to purchase more of but they were ok. Paired in a lupo 72 have come to be my favourite blade in that razor so much so i went out and bought few hundred blades. Another good example is the BIC, I absolutely hated this blade and had tried it in a few razors.

Read a topic where there were amazing in the Rocca V4, so i had to try them for myself. This pairing was so good I purchase 400 of them :)
Nice post. Helpfull too 👍🏽

This are numbers and observations I have never read here. I have no idea if you are correct. Have you heard/read others who agree? Anyway: it would only push me harder towards the decision that's lurking to use the Med Preps all the time. Feather, btw, is a no go for me. Not for the price, I care not about that. Feathers wouldn't last a full beard and head shave for me.
When I run through my Feathers I am going to switch to med prep. It's very good

nacets for me were an ok blade, not good enough to purchase more of but they were ok. Paired in a lupo 72 have come to be my favourite blade in that razor so much so i went out and bought few hundred blades.

I just tried a Nacet for the first time. It was in a Lupo .72. I LOVE this blade/razor pairing!

For every 100 pack you buy, a small number will inevitably be duds.

Those without glue bumps will produce more duds because of constant grinding against the wrapper when shipping it.

That's my experience.

LOI/Sharp Titanium I think would be liked by Nacet lovers. It has a slightly different sturdy feel than the platinums I've tried. Nice sharpness and smoother than Nacet.

Top Bottom