What's new

Gillette Nacet Lovers - Is there anything better?

I thought the Nacet was a very good but not great blade. That said, I’m going to try it in a different razor after the razor comes in to see if the new pairing works better. Will also try one in the new Henson to see how that combo works.
Jack

I tried the Super Nacet for the first time this morning. I got a very good shave, but not as good as I get with a Feather in the same razor. It was okay smooth, but not as smooth as other blades in the same razor. Overall I'd say it is a blade that I will use again, but don't see it being any better than some others. I may change my mind after I shave with it a few times. Also, using them in another razor might give a whole new perception. I will do that fairly soon.

so never had much love for the Nacet in my timeless or GC but put one in the .95 wolfman yesterday and had a amazing shave and thought HMMM was it a fluke ? so today did shave #2 and WOW just amazing good shave !

been trying almost every blade I can in the wolf trying to find the best blades many more to go but so far the Feather and Persona blue are great but I think this Nacet took #1 spot will be fun to see how it does in the near future :)

I tried a Nacet not too long after I started wet shaving and it chewed my face up something awful. Nicks, weepers, irritation, and even some ingrown hairs for good measure. All in all it was an unpleasant experience.

"Too sharp" I said and banished it to the Ziplock Bag of Crappy Blades.

Four months later I tried one again and it gave me three great shaves with no irritation.

Nacet is a great blade but can be dangerous in the hands of a beginner.

I tried a Nacet not too long after I started wet shaving and it chewed my face up something awful. Nicks, weepers, irritation, and even some ingrown hairs for good measure. All in all it was an unpleasant experience.

"Too sharp" I said and banished it to the Ziplock Bag of Crappy Blades.

Four months later I tried one again and it gave me three great shaves with no irritation.

Nacet is a great blade but can be dangerous in the hands of a beginner.

True. I gave my brother a 70's Gillette Tech, Nacet and Arko to see what DE shaving is all about and despite the fact that the razor is quite mild, he literally butchered himself.

Something I have wondered. If the Gillette Nacet blades are liked so much, why does Gillette make so many other variety of blades like 7 O'clock, Rubie, Super Thin, King C to name but a few?

Jason.

Something I have wondered. If the Gillette Nacet blades are liked so much, why does Gillette make so many other variety of blades like 7 O'clock, Rubie, Super Thin, King C to name but a few?

Jason.
Think of pizza was only made with cheese :)
reckon everyone has their fav

Every time I've used a Nacet lately, I wonder what I'm going to do with all of my other blades. I took a break from Nacets to try a bunch of others, and thought I might be mis-remembeing my preference for the gator cutters.

I didn't think anything would dethrone the mighty Feather, but here we are!

Every time I've used a Nacet lately, I wonder what I'm going to do with all of my other blades. I took a break from Nacets to try a bunch of others, and thought I might be mis-remembeing my preference for the gator cutters.

I didn't think anything would dethrone the mighty Feather, but here we are!
My primary list:
  • Mühle R89 - Personna Platinum
  • ASD2 - Feather
  • Mühle R41G / GS - Nacet
  • ATT Windsor Pro SB90 - BIC Platinum
But I have many other blades that will make the mild shaves more interesting

Top Bottom