What's new

Gillette Nacet Lovers - Is there anything better?

I'm a daily head shaver and in my experience my major mishaps have always occurred when I use the same blade more than once so to overcome that challenge I'm a one and done. That said, I might just try using the same Nacet blade twice. If I do I will definitely report back on my findings.
Just my face I seem to only like about 3 with them ? So will be interesting if ya can pull off 2 :)
might try for max shaves one day just to see :)

Just my face I seem to only like about 3 with them ? So will be interesting if ya can pull off 2 :)
might try for max shaves one day just to see :)
We'll see how it goes. I have a fresh Nacet loaded for tomorrow and if all goes well I'll leave it in for a second shave. :)

In case one more data point helps - I get four three-pass shaves from a Nacet of Perma-sharp blade. I have fairly tough whiskers. I am not pushing it either, I could probably get more, but at 10-15 cents a blade I don't bother trying.
Agree the cost is still cheap enough once it gives me any hesitation its done

Often that is the start of a shave I am like hmmmmm put another one in and realize how much behind that blade was

red facial hair going grey myself so yeah super thick and then sensitive skin

Second shave went very well. East BBS with absolutely no alum feedback. A third shave scheduled for tomorrow.
Razor: Henson Ti22 V2 +
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)

IMG_2078.jpg

Razor: Henson Ti22 V2 +
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
How does the Henson compare to something like an EJ89 or Muhle R41? I'm wanting to move up from the Zamak versions I have right now and I'm debating mainly Stainless options but, the Henson is priced close enough to something like Muhle R41 Stainless to be considered.

How does the Henson compare to something like an EJ89 or Muhle R41? I'm wanting to move up from the Zamak versions I have right now and I'm debating mainly Stainless options but, the Henson is priced close enough to something like Muhle R41 Stainless to be considered.
I shave daily and I want to use what I feel is the best tool for me to make that happen. I owned the Muhle R89, Merkur 34, 38, and Feather AS-D2. I’ve sold or PIF’ed all of them. The Henson beat them all and for me is the last word in razors.

I’ve tried out many blades since I’ve been enjoying our crazy traditional shaving hobby, but my one and only DE blade right now is the Gillette Nacet. It gets along beautifully with my five DE razors (Timeless Bronze, Rockwell 6C, RazoRock Lupo .72, Gillette 1955 A-2 SuperSpeed Red Tip, and Gillette 1959 E-2 FatBoy) ….. perfectly sharp, smooth, comfortable, and efficient. With a nice rich lather, ….. never any irritation. I have no desire to try another DE blade. (In my SE RazoRock Hawk, I use a Schlick ProLine.)

I've used Nacets for years and agree that they are among the sharpest and smoothest blades around. In an abundance of caution, I have been looking for other blades not made in Russia. I have found, at least on my beard, that German Wilkies as well as several Personnas have performed admirably and are quite suitable replacements that are equally sharp and smooth.

3rd straight shave using the same Nacet blade is in the books. The shave was excellent! These blades will always have a place in my blade rotation. Fantastic blades!
View attachment 1590743

A Nacet just sings in the Henson! It is so sharp and yet smooth, it is almost musical as it snips my whiskers. If you like the Nacet, try a Perma-sharp, I can't tell the difference between the two. Both excellent blades.

Top Bottom