What's new

Wolfman Wednesday

Wolfman WR1 61 Antique Bronze

20210825_081147.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
How do you like that Glastonbury scent, Dan? I received a sample of the bar soap with my Varen order. I like it a lot, but it is a bit bold.
I like Glastonbury — patchouli is the dominant note and it makes me think of my youth. I love Varen and agree it is strong. All the mutton soaps are strongly scented to ‘mask’ the sheepy base. But make no mistake; the performance is elite (even if the scents aren’t your favorite). Have you shaved with Varen yet?

Hey gents,

Not the right forum but I can’t seem to get an answer in other Wolfman threads.

I have a WR2 1.35DC and will be getting a WR1 dual comb of some kind in the coming months. I want something slightly milder to complement my WR2. Which gap would be one and two steps down in aggressiveness? I love my WR2 but it can be a bit much for 20-24hr whiskers.

Thanks all!

I have a 1.05 and could shave with that every day. You may want to go a step higher.

I have a 1.05 and could shave with that every day. You may want to go a step higher.
Got a 1.15 and it fills the bill for a razor I can use day after day -- still efficient but usable as a daily driver. On the other hand, I'm just about thinking of selling it because I might want a second WR1; I've got the original gap, .61, and I also can use it day after day after day. I just like the WR1 head better than the WR2, although both are great razors. Used the WR1 today and will do an early Wednesday posting tonight.

Got a 1.15 and it fills the bill for a razor I can use day after day -- still efficient but usable as a daily driver. On the other hand, I'm just about thinking of selling it because I might want a second WR1; I've got the original gap, .61, and I also can use it day after day after day. I just like the WR1 head better than the WR2, although both are great razors. Used the WR1 today and will do an early Wednesday posting tonight.
Happy problems, eh? It’s nice to have options. Thanks for the advice as well. I still have a month or two to decide which WR1 gap I want.

Amazing that a couple of years ago I could use any of my old Gillettes or newer Merkur, Rockwell, Razorock, etc. for a shave every day. But now I want different levels of aggressiveness, blade exposure and so on For different “scenarios”. My grandfather was a barber for almost 60 years - if he could see my shaving gear now, I’m sure he would slap me upside the head! 🤪

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Happy problems, eh? It’s nice to have options. Thanks for the advice as well. I still have a month or two to decide which WR1 gap I want.

Amazing that a couple of years ago I could use any of my old Gillettes or newer Merkur, Rockwell, Razorock, etc. for a shave every day. But now I want different levels of aggressiveness, blade exposure and so on For different “scenarios”. My grandfather was a barber for almost 60 years - if he could see my shaving gear now, I’m sure he would slap me upside the head! 🤪
1630457662411.gif

Top Bottom