What's new

Shooting the Breeze- general chit chat

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I had the most horrible day today at work. Easily the worst day in 34+ years.
Stupid was in abundance and there was no intelligent life to be found.

And thinking that it couldn’t get worse management has notified me that I am being voluntold to work 6-8 in the morning before my regular shift starts. And I am certain they will keep me another 6 hours after my shift and 5 or 6 hours more on Sunday.
file-39.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
And I can retire before they fire me!!
I miss the adrenaline, but not the stupidity. I was just telling my wife yesterday that I miss going to work for the relationships that I miss out on, but I honestly think I could not do it again after a two year break, and that saddens me. Life and death decisions are NOT something that should be made if you are not at the top of your game. I THINK that once the adrenaline kicks in I would be making better decisions, because your brain and body goes into it's "training mode" that becomes automatic: like CPR, or assessment skillz.....but I would have to be trained all over again before I'd be safe on the streets, and that saddens me, because I would hate to find out what abilities I have lost.

LOL! So those of you that HAVE the choice to go out at the top of your game DO SO, on your own terms. Getting benched sucks!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game

This is why I wanna change jobs!

I miss the adrenaline, but not the stupidity. I was just telling my wife yesterday that I miss going to work for the relationships that I miss out on, but I honestly think I could not do it again after a two year break, and that saddens me. Life and death decisions are NOT something that should be made if you are not at the top of your game. I THINK that once the adrenaline kicks in I would be making better decisions, because your brain and body goes into it's "training mode" that becomes automatic: like CPR, or assessment skillz.....but I would have to be trained all over again before I'd be safe on the streets, and that saddens me, because I would hate to find out what abilities I have lost.

LOL! So those of you that HAVE the choice to go out at the top of your game DO SO, on your own terms. Getting benched sucks!

This is why I WILL be changing jobs soon! I remember when performance was the metric not *** kissing! I'M DONE!!!

FarmerTan

Not a big fan of sheep but better than GOATS!
At least goats are semi intelligent, ha.

I guess I shouldn't have said that. I've been around a lot of goats, but few sheep. Maybe the sheep I've met were just more stupid than the average ones?

FarmerTan

This is why I wanna change jobs!

This is why I WILL be changing jobs soon! I remember when performance was the metric not *** kissing! I'M DONE!!!
This, I am afraid, is very true now that healthcare in ANY form is being SO regulated by government rules. Pre-HIPPA, and electronic charting, things were a lot easier, BUT money has ALWAYS been a big part of the game of medicine, be it emergency, psych, geriatric, or just the old family doctor.

But now there is no pretense. It is ALL about money. I hate to say it, but I am so glad my son studied business. I really wanted him to go in to healthcare, but I could not in good conscience recommend it to any young person.

For the amount of responsibility, and liability, well, let's just say it's becoming as stressful as active duty in the military. PTSD is rampant. And the pay is good, in some states, and some specialties, but I think we made about a third of what we should have if life was fair. Lol, we got guys in the major leagues making millions working 6 months a year that don't even get on base 25% of the time!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Healthcare has been ruined in this country. Just when I'm about to need it the most, after working my whole career providing quality care to everyone with and without insurance, I will be facing "urine" poor coverage and service in retirement in a little over a year from now. Most RNs get burnt out eventually, me, I'm beyond burnt out. I'm like a cold black piece of slag from a blast furnace! And I work at one of the better hospitals.

FarmerTan

Healthcare has been ruined in this country. Just when I'm about to need it the most, after working my whole career providing quality care to everyone with and without insurance, I will be facing "urine" poor coverage and service in retirement in a little over a year from now. Most RNs get burnt out eventually, me, I'm beyond burnt out. I'm like a cold black piece of slag from a blast furnace! And I work at one of the better hospitals.
I don't know if it's been your experience, but where I live it always amazed my non-healthcare employed friends just how crappy my health insurance coverage was. Here we were providing care to others and we surely didn't get any "employee discounts" lol!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I don't know if it's been your experience, but where I live it always amazed my non-healthcare employed friends just how crappy my health insurance coverage was. Here we were providing care to others and we surely didn't get any "employee discounts" lol!
I used to think my hospital's health insurance sucked, then our hospital got bought out and the insurance changed, it's even worse!!

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I worked for a large hospital based EMS system for about 7yrs. We had decent insurance as long as you used in network docs. The problem with that was that where I worked the closest in network doc was about 90 miles away so I had to pay out of network prices on everything.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Oh no! Much better when they call the police for help!
But you still help them and do so as politely and professionally as possible and go that extra mile to assist and make them feel like poopoo

FarmerTan

Oh no! Much better when they call the police for help!
But you still help them and do so as politely and professionally as possible and go that extra mile to assist and make them feel like poopoo
Yes. People asked me how I never lost my cool at werk. I said what a fellow student said to me once. She was a semester ahead of me in Nursing Skool. I had a make up day in the clinical setting. I was helping her clean a patient that had cancer and a tracheostomy. That bothers some nurses something fierce, the mucous and that particular smell, but I was blessed, as was she, in that it never bothered us. God is good that way.

Anyway, it WAS hard werk for two fairly inexperienced students, and her clinical teacher was a bit of a ...... pain in a place below the waist and southward when one looks north.

So I asked her how she handled it, and she replied, "I imagine I am taking care of Jesus."

I used that for the rest of my career.

Top Bottom